Is the Outlander slower when it's cold?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarBoy

I have been taking the kids to school in the morning and one thing I have noticed that for the first few junctions when the temperature is a few degrees centigrade there doesn't seem to be much juice available from the battery. What seems to happens is a momentary delay on acceleration whilst the engine to fires up.

After a few miles this behaviour seems to disappears, and slotting into a moving-gap from a roundabout is no problem purely on EV.

This could well be my imagination ...

Cold tyres will also add to rolling resistance as will cold oil in the differentials - it is probably a combination of factors.

Thank you folks, I think I have worked it out.

I was running in Eco mode, so when I needed some beans at the fast roundabout the engine hadn't been running, hadn't started that day. Hence a bit of a delay for stuffing the pedal to the floor which caused a momentary brown trouser moment whilst things got going.

Decided that Eco mode is just a pain in winter. Love everything else though!

(Enjoying the admiring glances on the school run, just wish the mummies were looking at me and not my car)

Back