Just ordered my car, time to stop lurking!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duplo

Hiya,

I have been lurking for a while reading up whilst I decided whether to purchase an outlander PHEV.

So, firstly thanks for the wealth of useful information I was able to find.

I've ordered a GX3H after taking a test drive, and fully researching the MPG reality versus the myth/expectation.

I have a just under 30mile commute each way,every day, with charging available at home, in work and two fast chargers on the way if required so looks pretty good on the economy front.

I have an external socket on the house already, so I should be good there. Just need to buy the extra cable for public charging points.

Just have to sit and be patient now.....

Welcome

I've had a GX3 since July, MPG obviously varies, but even with frequent motorway trips it's returned an overall average of 60mpg.

On a 30 mile commute, you will see the ICE cut in for maybe a couple of miles, on and off, if you can charge at work then your 60 mile round trip should return well over 100mpg without stopping for a fast charge.

It may not be worth buying a cable for £250ish. That cable will only give you a max of 16 amps, 3.5 hours to fully charge. The Fast chargers are all attached with a cable (right hand socket on your car) and some are free to use (Ecotricity) at the moment.

If you have to buy a cable and pay for a charge, it's as well to let the ICE run as it works out cheaper.

You should still be able to get a free, or subsidised home unit that will deliver 16amps with or without teatherd cable.

Hope this helps -- enjoy.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris.

I've got my registration card for public charging and the public points are currently free, fair point about the cost of the cable, but I do about 20k miles a year so I'll have to do the maths on that!

I wasn't that bothered about getting the home charger, unless it is free. Having 16a v 13a didn't seem to be worth the hassle and I expect they would put it round the back of the house near the meter box where I don't want it.

The home fitted charger will do a full charge in about 3.5 hours, against 5.5 from the 13amp plug.

It's on a dedicated circuit, so in theory should be better, not to mention adding value to your property, and having a backup, should your 13amp plug in unit fail.

Regards

Chris

Back