Keyless operation - leaving the car without beeps?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmax

Hi!

When I come home late at night I get out to open the gate to the garage, and since I always have the key in my inside pocket (jacket) the car starts beeping loudly. I feel like I'm waking up the neighborhood! I guess the car is warning that the key has left while the car is still in operation.

Is it possible to turn this warning sound off?

I don't think so, but if it is a problem, then leave the key fob in the car. If you were doing the same with a car that has standard key ignition, would you turn the engine off and remove the key to avoid any risk of someone jumping in and driving off with it while you were opening the gate? I certainly would not.

maby said:
I don't think so, but if it is a problem, then leave the key fob in the car. If you were doing the same with a car that has standard key ignition, would you turn the engine off and remove the key to avoid any risk of someone jumping in and driving off with it while you were opening the gate? I certainly would not.

Yes I would!

It's a quick operation, the gate is infront of the car.
No worries.

All in all, it really likes beeping, and loud too.
It's a huge problem.. :)

elmax said:
maby said:

Yes I would!

It's a quick operation, the gate is infront of the car.
No worries.

All in all, it really likes beeping, and loud too.
It's a huge problem.. :)

Surely in the social paradise that is Sweden they don't have car thieves :lol:

elmax said:
Hi!

When I come home late at night I get out to open the gate to the garage, and since I always have the key in my inside pocket (jacket) the car starts beeping loudly. I feel like I'm waking up the neighborhood! I guess the car is warning that the key has left while the car is still in operation.

Yes- by switching off the car before leaving.:lol:

jaapv said:
elmax said:
Hi!

That would mean even more beeping.. :shock:

Hi
The beeper is just behind the rear bumper. Disconnect it or silence it with some duct tape.
After disconecting the seat belt warning, the AVAS and the tailgate I now hve a silent PHEV, as it should be..

BR//Per-Anders

Actually, ours only beeps if I close the door... When I visit an elderly relative who lives in a nursing home with a keypad operated barrier, I get out and leave the door open - no beeps!

paa451843 said:
Hi
The beeper is just behind the rear bumper. Disconnect it or silence it with some duct tape.
After disconecting the seat belt warning, the AVAS and the tailgate I now hve a silent PHEV, as it should be..

BR//Per-Anders

How did you disconnect the seat belt warning?

maby said:
Actually, ours only beeps if I close the door... When I visit an elderly relative who lives in a nursing home with a keypad operated barrier, I get out and leave the door open - no beeps!

Oh, okay.. i'll try this today.

elmax said:
jaapv said:
elmax said:
Hi!

That would mean even more beeping.. :shock:
Not so; mine is totally silent after switching off.

elmax said:
paa451843 said:
Hi

BR//Per-Anders

How did you disconnect the seat belt warning?

The seat belt warning circuit layout is the same on almost any car. The seat belt buckle acts as a breaker and opens the circuit when you buckle up and by open the circuit by disconnecting the coupling under the seat the system think you are buckled up.

There is a small coupling (2-wires) under the seat, I think it where black. The downside of this is that you also lose the seat belt warning light so you have to remember the seat belt by yourself.

elmax said:
maby said:

Oh, okay.. i'll try this today.

Hey!

This works, if I leave the door open - no beeping.

Closing the door is a spine reaction, i dont think, just do it.
Thanks for the tip!

Two beeps? And two small ones if you have an MMCS? My Christmas must be more exiting than yours.
The noise you refer to only sounds when you forget to belt up and don't hold the brake pedal before the second push. None of the internal beeping will be audible to yor neighbours either, provided you remember to close the door.

jaapv said:
Two beeps? And two small ones if you have an MMCS? My Christmas must be more exiting than yours.
The noise you refer to only sounds when you forget to belt up and don't hold the brake pedal before the second push. None of the internal beeping will be audible to yor neighbours either, provided you remember to close the door.

Bottom line, there's a lot of beeping. Add the bluetooth linkup, etc, etc..

I used to drive a BMW, the difference is night and day. The BMW is not as loud, there's no "warning" sound, merely a "notice" type of sound - it chimes softly.
The Mitsubishi demands your attention in a whole other way.

I can live with it, but I prefer the more subtle way.. :)

Back