Lamborghini Huracan is faster than an Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarBoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RiTqF0BaCA

Travelling to Somerset on the A303 a tiny smidgen above an indicated 70mph via adaptive cruise control.

I was undertaken by a Lamborghini driver, I applied my brakes and reduced speed to avoid collision as soon as the car started the manoeuvre. I was aware of it behind me, it was only behind me for a very short period of time.

Once the Lambo had passed, there was no traffic behind me, I didn't move in as per the rest of the video clip as:
(a) there was no traffic behind me
(b) I experienced a huge adrenalin spike and was still dealing with what had just occurred

It's fair to say a Lamborghini Huracan is faster than an Outlander PHEV.

Bladevane said:
You have his/her registration so perhaps the cops might like to see the video.

Not sure if the Police would do anything, though I'd like my dry-cleaning bill to be paid; it was definitely a brown-trousers moment.

Note, the Lambo is closer than it looks on cam due to the fisheye lens.

One consolation - had he hit you his damage would have been quite a bit more expensive than yours... With a good chance of his insurance making trouble on basis of your footage.

jaapv said:
One consolation - had he hit you his damage would have been quite a bit more expensive than yours... With a good chance of his insurance making trouble on basis of your footage.

:) Yes

Bang to rights, he sped off at over 100mph which in the UK is an instant driving ban, and undertaking is a major no-no as well.

Goodshot said:
Impressed with your cam. What are the details?

Yes it's clear isn't it.

SJCAM 10+ with a 64GB memory card.

A 4m USB cable runs to the central arm rest and plugs into the ciggie lighter via a Anker PowerDrive 2 (24W / 4.8A 2-Port USB Car Charger).

Regulo said:
Pity it's not in Essex. You can upload dashcam videos of this sort of driving to [email protected]

Perhaps your local force has similar?

That is cool.

I just found similar for Hampshire Police: http://www.hampshire.police.uk/internet/advice-and-information/road-safety/collisions-and-poor-driving/poor-driving

If I did report it, it'd be much like the pot calling the kettle black :oops:

Back