Loss of power in EV mode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardCo

I am on my second Outlander PHEV. My current car is 4 years old. My car has low power when in EV mode. The engine starts when I try to accelerate in a 'normal' manner. It's most noticeable on gradients where it is impossible to climb a hill without the engine starting. The battery charges and discharges normally and the nominal range is not affected. There are no warning lights. So a little confused what has happened. I can normally drive to work on the battery, but now the engine starts repeatable. Help!

Hello what is the approx temperature when you experience this problem. If it’s cold the engine may start to Maintain a safe temperature as well as liber ate the bearings journals cyl walls etc. Note if you watch the left side display anytime your motor uses enough power to raise the needle to 12 o’clock the engine will start to provide additional power.

Regards Mike

Thanks. It does not seem to be a temperature issue. I have had the issue now for a couple of weeks and same response at different temps. It was serviced last week, 62500 mile. But no change in EV performance. They could not find any faults when connected to the computer. It performs like it's towing something, but it rolls well (going down hill), so it's not like a brake is catching. Range is unaffected and it I try to keep it in EV mode for the 27 mile trip to work - and drive like its a milkfloat - range is slightly better.

Thanks for the reply - Must be a processor glitch. The other day I selected "Save" and the processor used up 26 miles of my 50 showing.

I hope you chase it down - Mike

Back