Mitsubishi Dealers Experience

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogerp

Just interested to know what experience you all had had with Mitsubishi dealers? The PHEV is my first Mitsubishi and the Mitsubishi dealers seem to be small outfits, few and far between with not enough capacity or well trained staff - and all in all a pretty underwhelming customer service experience. Do I need to alter my expectations now that I am a Mitsubishi owner? or are there some decent dealers out there?

Unfortunately for Mitsubishi my initial excitement of getting my PHEV has somewhat been tainted with the service I have had from the dealer.

Most of my comments about my Mitsubishi Dealer are all prefaced with variants of four letter words, however am working on the basis that that's from a sales perspective and hopefully won't be from a service perspective.

I have lodged an official complaint with Mitsubishi and am eagerly awaiting my dealer evaluation form.

The only thing that probably goes in their favour is that they probably weren't expecting the level of increasing demand they are having for the PHEV and probably most didn't equip themselves to cope with those levels but the common courtesy of timely and correct communication would go along way to resolving peoples misgivings.

I posted a similar question some time ago http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=761&p=6972&hilit=+dealer+glass+palaces#p6972 but probably too early as didn't really get the feedback I was looking for. Wonder if anyone has had theirs serviced yet?

I agree with RogerP in that the dealer experience is very different to what I've been used to (but not necessarily in a bad way - I really quite liked the owner/salesman that I bought from and he was actually a very helpful chap) - my main concern is how good are they at looking after the car and sorting out problems?

I had no complaints about the dealer we bought from (Grovebury Cars) - but quite honestly I didn't ask much of them. By the time I spoke to them, I had done my research and knew pretty much all there was to know about the car. I had actually been for a test drive at another dealer - they were closer when we made the decision to buy - so my interactions with Grovebury were to phone them, confirm a price, get an estimated lead time, select a colour and pay a deposit by credit card. They duly phoned me a couple of weeks before the promised delivery date to ask what accessories, if any, I wanted. I checked the Mitsubishi web site, selected a few things and emailed them. They subsequently called me back to say that it was sitting in their car park and we paid the balance by BACS transfer. They confirmed that the money had arrived and I turned up the next day to take ownership. The salesman offered some spiel on how to drive it, but it soon became clear that I knew as much as he did as a result of having read the manual which I had downloaded a few days earlier. I drove the car away having spoken to them face to face for less than half an hour over the entire process and only a couple of phone calls and emails on top of that.

Quite honestly, cars these days are pretty much a commodity item - you research them on the internet, do a quick test drive and, assuming you like it, order and pay. What do you really need from a dealer other than to take the money and arrange the delivery?

Glad to learn I'm not the only one getting a crap service from my dealer. Car went back to them today to repair the scrapes on the driver's door that happened when I took it back for the paint protection that should have been done before delivery. This seemed to have been triggered by my complaining on the dealer evaluation form - so it does seem Mitsu actually read them :eek:

I also picked up a copy of the invoice (3 months after purchase :evil: ) and notice my Frost White GX3 is supposed to be White Pearl and have been charged £500 for this - another interesting conversation to be had with them when I pick the car up tomorrow :?

BTW love the car - just hate the dealer :twisted:

I've used Harratts at Darton nr Barnsley for 11 years. Well organised, friendly and efficient.

Over the years I've received poor service from plenty of dealerships. I've not ever received appalling service as you mention from any. I know of friends who've received awful service from BMW, Merc, LandRover and other luxury brands.

Give me smaller (niche maybe?) dealers every time please.

I have had Volvo estate cars for many many years and have had variable service from good to poor from different dealerships. My first impressions of Mitsu dealers is initially good. Duxford Motors near Cambridge were a pleasure to deal with, very straightforward and good at communicating. They worked really fast to secure me a replacement car when mine was damaged on delivery. The dealership isn't as luxurious as a Volvo shop but I would rather they spent the money on good mechanics than comfy chairs. I guess the proof will be in how well servicing will go and how they handle any problems. I'm impressed so far.

I would assume that servicing for the first several years is limited to changing the oil and filter, so they don't have much scope to get it wrong.

My experience from the Prius is that it is almost impossible to find any independent garage that will even open the bonnet, so we're probably stuck with Mitsubishi for the lifetime of the car. Kwikfit told me that they regarded it as a health and safety thing - there are voltages under there that are high enough to kill and they will not risk their staff to service a niche car.

I can only say this about my dealer "Excellent" I even got communication after I got the vehicle to make sure I know everything about the vehicle if I need anything please come back for a free cup of hot chocolate and will do all what we can :)

Now that's customer service in my book, mine come from Canterbury main dealer ;)

So far I have only experienced the sales side of both the Lincoln and Derby dealerships, pleased so far with the service even though I told them I would be getting mine through another big leasing company. They both gave me a good talk about the car. Went back to Derby to order some Mats with no problems. Some time ago I found myself at the Derby BMW dealership looking for a new car and the sales services was appalling to the point I cancelled my order, arrogant and insulting are just a few words to describe them.

I think the Mitsu dealerships tend to be smaller and tucked away simply due to the smaller number of sales compered to the Big Boys.

I tried purchasing through A local dealer.

Promised to get back to me as they were busy - no call back.

I reminded them I had a green light to purchase but still no call back (I was after a discount) then a call offering a test drive is already had.

1 further week and a call, told them I'm ready to place an order at a quoted price, if they can agree the same price I'll happily place the order.

No call Back.

Small local dealer at Carnforth (Norjac). Not a glitzy showroom. Very low pressure on the sales front. Very accommodating with test drives, etc. and they were able to offer what I considered a good lease price. Faultless delivery slightly ahead of predicted schedule. Follow-up call after a few days to check all was OK and invited back after 5 weeks/500 miles for courtesy check over. No complaints at all.

NeilP said:
I tried purchasing through A local dealer.

Promised to get back to me as they were busy - no call back.

I reminded them I had a green light to purchase but still no call back (I was after a discount) then a call offering a test drive is already had.

1 further week and a call, told them I'm ready to place an order at a quoted price, if they can agree the same price I'll happily place the order.

No call Back.
Did you visit the dealer, or was it all by telephone?

I can only agree with Rob above. I also bought from Norjac in Carnforth,excellent service,I negotiated an excellent price,car arrived ahead of schedule in perfect condition,and has been faultless for 3000 miles.
Yes the showrooms are not the glitzy premises you get at some main dealers,but I prefer to get a good deal,rather than pay for the overheads of the showroom.
I was well aware of what I was buying and subject to a satisfactory test drive,I had already decided to buy,I had done my homework in advance.
Worst dealership I had was a Volvo in Preston,I owned an XC90 for a very short while,I bought it without a test drive,none were available,and waited over a year for it to arrive,and then I did not like it.

Back