Mitsubishi will double Outlander PHEV production

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max

Mitsubishi will double Outlander PHEV production after finding fire cause. What a great news for Outlander PHEV Forum members!
http://green.autoblog.com/2013/05/12/mitsubishi-will-double-outlander-phev-production-after-finding-f/

max said:
Mitsubishi will double Outlander PHEV production after finding fire cause. What a great news for Outlander PHEV Forum members!
http://green.autoblog.com/2013/05/12/mitsubishi-will-double-outlander-phev-production-after-finding-f/

That really is a good news item for the Mitsubishi Outlander forum.

max said:

The question that pops up now is did they change the battery manufactorer now that they know what the problem was for the batteries that were supposed to be placed inside the Mitsubishi Outlanders?

I hope they did find another manufacturer because I'm pretty sure that the problem could arise again.

Japanese manufacturer that made these defunct batteries was also linked to the Boeing plane malfunction and iMiev production stoppage and because of that is definitely not worthy of doing business with.

Mitsubishi made a joint company together with GS Yuasa, so they are more connected than just the usual buyer/seller relationship. I suspect they will stick with the existing batteries.

That being said, Mitsubishi does use Toshiba batteries in some markets for their MiEV (and the GS Yuasa in others), so it is not impossible that they could switch or even have different batteries in different markets.

I do hope they use the Toshiba batteries in my market. Those batteries charge about twice as fast and they have much longer life (at least 2.5x as many charge/discharge cycles).

ActionableMango said:
Mitsubishi made a joint company together with GS Yuasa, so they are more connected than just the usual buyer/seller relationship. I suspect they will stick with the existing batteries.

That being said, Mitsubishi does use Toshiba batteries in some markets for their MiEV (and the GS Yuasa in others), so it is not impossible that they could switch or even have different batteries in different markets.

I do hope they use the Toshiba batteries in my market. Those batteries charge about twice as fast and they have much longer life (at least 2.5x as many charge/discharge cycles).

I didn't know that Yuasa and Mitsubishi had a joint company, that definitely clears some things up.

It is just perfect. Outlander PHEV is a super efficient car with affordable price. Now they have doubled the production to ensure more coverage.

Back