Mitsubishi's Remote Control app for iPhone and Android Read

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannyboy

So as the title says the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is going to have a mobile app with wich you will be able to remote control things like you battery charging schedule, air conditioning( Automatic Climate Control) and door status.

the Outlander will only have a WiFi connection (type B) and no remote mobile network capabilities or accessibilities like LTE (G4) or G3 (HSPA+)
The problem of not having a Wifi connection through the mobile network (LTE, G3) can easily be resolved by using a ‘Mifi’ device. Novatel, Huawei, Sierra and probably many others make them and providers already sell them including a subscription.

The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV mobile app without the ability of WIFI in some areas, will have an additional cost using an MIFI component? Will this be something not compatibale to say a basi smart phone?

I'm sure that it will be compatible with all smartphones, as long as it's running android or iOS.

Well of course that you will be able to muster up subscription o some kind for the cars internet connectivity trough a phone or the car itself(Tesla technology), but as the article suggested you can make a wifi hotspot using the gadgets mentioned.

If I am correct the Outlander is the WIFI access point. You can connect to it from your smartphone. Since you can only use the cooling and heatfunction when the car is connected to the powergrid you most of the time will be nearby your car. If you are going further away you can programm a scedule when the car should be heated up or has to cool down.

paul1173 said:
If I am correct the Outlander is the WIFI access point. You can connect to it from your smartphone. Since you can only use the cooling and heatfunction when the car is connected to the powergrid you most of the time will be nearby your car. If you are going further away you can programm a scedule when the car should be heated up or has to cool down.

I don't think so, my guess is (I haven't tried the Outlander app) that it will certainly have an option to receive commands from the smartphone even if you are not in the WIFI reach of the car. It's really easy (and cheap) to accomplish from a technical standpoint so I don't really see a reason for Mitsubishi not to include the option.

Sorry, No.

The car is the access point, meaning that connecting devices think it's "the internets". In other words a mobile hotspot, but without the internet.
That means that another router or gateway won't work.

This is actually really crappy, but on par with the rest of the software in the car. It kind of works, but really not that good.

There is a third-party app that you install in a phone and leave in the car. It connects to the AP, and responds to SMS. I haven't tried it.

Has anyone got info on the app that Karl refers to?

I got my 2016 GX3+ yesterday. The mitsubishi app on my iPhone 6s connected to the car when I was sat in it, but doesn't when I am in my house about 100 feet (30m) away, so I can't switch the heater remotely (when car connected to charger) which is my main interest.

I have wireless broadband in the house and a mains-plug wifi extender to a building about 30 feet from the car, and I had hoped that connection would be possible by the wifi extender.

I'm not very tech savvy, so talk of Internet access point etc is not so clear to me.

If someone can explain what's possible in lay mans terms I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Back