mode 3 charge cable

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calyps

Hello All,

I have placed an order for New Outlander last week (company car). I am still waiting for a delivery date and would assume i will get it in a month or two. In terms of getting the car charged, am i right to assume that the charging points such as supermarkets (Morrison next to my house) or on motorway don't come with a mode 3 charge cable? and we cannot use Mode 1 or Mode 2 cable that comes with the car?

If that is true, what is the best way to get/buy Mode 3 charge cable? Apparently they are like £300 new and i don't want to pay for it.

Yes, many (most?) of them require you to have your own cable and that cable is not cheap. Before you buy one, I would suggest that you think carefully about your pattern of usage - a mode 3 charge will take up to three and a half hours - are you going to be willing and able to stop in one place long enough to take on a useful amount of charge? I have the cable - my charging point at home is untethered, so I need it there - but I have never used a public charger - it's not worth it for the half hour or so that I might be in a supermarket car park. Your situation might be different - if you commute into London and work in an office all day, then you can stay plugged up for hours and take on a full charge.

Back