MUD FLAPS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not the best of pics but I hope it helps, these are OEM from the dealer
2014-10-25101412_zps2f3aee9a.jpg

Was about to buy some mud flaps - but was quoted over £50 to buy and fit from my local dealer for each pair (front and back) which I thought was a bit steep! Reason given was that the wheels need to be taken off to fit them.

They are a lot cheaper off ebay (most not genuine - obviously).

So I was wondering, has anyone fit them? Do you really need to take the wheels off?

OverTyred said:
Was about to buy some mud flaps - but was quoted over £50 to buy and fit from my local dealer for each pair (front and back) which I thought was a bit steep! Reason given was that the wheels need to be taken off to fit them.

So I was wondering, has anyone fit them? Do you really need to take the wheels off?

I bought the Mitsubishi ones from Celtic Mitsubishi and fitted them with the wheels on with no problems. It was pretty cold that day so I used a hair dryer to heat up the contact surfaces before peeling off the paper protecting the glue strip and bonding it to the metal. I found them very straightforward to fit and have had no problems to date.

There is a piccy of the car on page 2 of the TPMS sensors topic which shows it shortly after I fitted the mud flaps. They have been pressure washed weekly since with no issues.

OverTyred said:

Nope, you do not have to remove the wheels - just a few trim clips and a couple of self tappers - I fitted mine with no problems

Back