no charge

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevem6ndq

hi, i have a 2018 outlander for 3 years no probs till today, no electrics at all, i had to unlock the car manually, checked voltage on aux battery and it was 5v, plugged in granny charger and it indicates battery fully charged but i know it is very low on charge, any suggestions please.

Something has killed your 12V battery, the one you are calling your auxillary battery.

Normal range of charge for a 12V battery is something like 12.6 to 14.4

5V indicates that it is dead.

That battery runs all the electronics/electrical items in the car, and the car cannot function without it.

If you have any devices plugged in (including ODB dongles), in the car, remove them before replacing the battery.

Make sure that you buy a suitable AGM battery as a replacement.

The main HV battery pack cannot be charged if the 12V Auxiliary battery is worn out or dead; the 12V battery provides the low-voltage power for the On-Board Charrger (OBC) and DC-DC Converter and all the other ECUs, and the drive current for all the relays and HV contactors in the pack.

An old, weak or worn out 12V battery can cause a multitude of faults in any car-- ICE, PHEV, or BEV, that relies on a digital electronic control system.

For best performance and longest life the 12V battery must be kept fully charged at all times.

Back