Outlander PHEV DDPai M6+ dash cam install

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasheo

I have just installed the excellent DDpai M6 + dash cam to my outlander. It was surprisingly easy to hide the cable apart from a few crossover points behind the trim of the dash and the A pillar. Did the whole thing in a hour and didnt have to remove any trim to do so. The camera comes with a few pushing tools and also some tools that can be used to hook back seals to get under them. Camera works great so far and doesnt get in my line of sight or the passengers. Just thought I'd put the pics up to show how it fits as I couldnt find pics on any of the other forums. Apologies for the state of the car but it gets used so I quite like it.

upload img

I did my install the same, though wired into the fuse box keeping a live 24/7 feed for the parking camera + to make the install less attractive to the local wildlife, if it's not nailed down it'll be stolen.

I bought a dashcam last summer but gave up using it as couldn't get it to stay on. Was driving me mad falling off every 5 minutes. Presume yours is stuck on - did it come with sticky pad or what did you use please? I tried number plate fixing tape but still kept falling off. I have this week ordered a dead cheap flat mount from Amazon thinking I might persuade it to stay upright on the dash, but would much rather have it where yours is. I also routed the lead with no problem but have pulled it out now in disgust. Gggrrr!
Cheers
H

Hypermiler said:
I bought a dashcam last summer but gave up using it as couldn't get it to stay on. Was driving me mad falling off every 5 minutes. Presume yours is stuck on - did it come with sticky pad or what did you use please? I tried number plate fixing tape but still kept falling off. I have this week ordered a dead cheap flat mount from Amazon thinking I might persuade it to stay upright on the dash, but would much rather have it where yours is. I also routed the lead with no problem but have pulled it out now in disgust. Gggrrr!
Cheers
H

I have 2 cams, the both came with 3M sticky pads. They aren't going anywhere.

I have tried with two suckered type dash cams and found that they will not stay attached to the dotted area. Had to move mine down so that it was on the smooth glass. If there is an easy workaround so that it will stay in the higher position I would like to know.
P.S only have one dash cam fitted as the first one stopped working so bought a replacement.

Thanks guys. My suction thing won't stick to plain glass let alone the dotted bit. I was trying to use tape over the suction thing so hoping 3m tape in a flat mount will work. Then I'll have to reroute the cable...
H

BigBearChaseMe said:
I was thinking of getting one of these camera's, if plugged in is it always recording?
If you're referring to the DDpai M6, then yes. It also has a remote button which will save a separate photo and video clip to save you scrolling through the timeline.

If you want to liven up your 12v sockets permanently, there's a couple of ways to easily do it here: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2589&start=20

Relates to MY14, so best to check your own model's fuse numbering.

Back