Outlander PHEV for Canada

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHEV07

Hello All.

Just joined this Forum so I can start looking into information on the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

I have been viewing all available YouTube Videos on this Vehicle and have decided that this is the Next vehicle that I want. I have never bought a New or Newer Vehicle in my life. The newest I bought was 8 years old and I have owned 19 Vehicles in my Lifetime.

This time around, since I just turned 65 a a year ago, I decided it was time to buy a New Vehicle and a vehicle that would last and something that I have always wanted. A PHEV Vehicle and an SUV for my sore Hips to be able to get in and out of the Vehicle.

Much to my surprise I soon learned that North America has never had the Outlander PHEV yet it is the top selling SUV in England Australia and New Zealand I believe.

I understand that entry of the Outlander PHEV into the United States has been delayed time and time again but that they finally had it on display in New York in Mar 2016. Supposed to be available for sale the 4th Quarter this year but nothing is guaranteed.

I have contacted the Mitsubishi here in Manitoba, Canada and they believe it may be made available in the Summer of 2017.

Any further news on when the Outlander PHEV will be made available in Canada would be appreciated, and with which Configuration and what Battery Size?

Thank you

If we only knew.. ;) It was actually the best selling car, not just SUV in the Netherlands for months on end, in Norway too I believe.

jaapv said:
If we only knew.. ;) It was actually the best selling car, not just SUV in the Netherlands for months on end, in Norway too I believe.

So sad to see that Mitsubishi is not as prompt as they used to be.

I was going to Thank you for your re[ply but see that the Thank You Icon or option is not available on this Forum.

PHEV07 said:
A PHEV Vehicle and an SUV for my sore Hips to be able to get in and out of the Vehicle...

Hi there, just picking up on this part of your question.

I looked at a number of electric vehicles, before settling on the PHEV, and the clincher for me was the ease of entry/exit from the car.

However, the big bonus was how good the heated seats were for my back! Woot!!!

When you do get yours, I strongly recommend that you get a model with the heated seats, especially as you'll be driving in Canada.

I often drive with no heating on except for the heater on the driver's seat, and it's marvellous.

:D

Andy

PS. 6C this morning on the way to the supermarket, about as low as the temps get here...

AndyInOz said:
PHEV07 said:
A PHEV Vehicle and an SUV for my sore Hips to be able to get in and out of the Vehicle...

Hi there, just picking up on this part of your question.

I looked at a number of electric vehicles, before settling on the PHEV, and the clincher for me was the ease of entry/exit from the car.

However, the big bonus was how good the heated seats were for my back! Woot!!!

When you do get yours, I strongly recommend that you get a model with the heated seats, especially as you'll be driving in Canada.

I often drive with no heating on except for the heater on the driver's seat, and it's marvellous.

:D

Andy

PS. 6C this morning on the way to the supermarket, about as low as the temps get here...

Yes main reason I am looking at an SUV or CUV is precisely to make it easier to get in and out of a Vehicle.

6'C is not bad since this is your winter.

I will post during our winter when it is -35'C and let you know how much I like Heated seats and being able to start the Oulander PHEV with my Samsung S4 while it is being plugged in to my wall socket while I am paying $0.077 per Kwhr.

Our Electricity is relatively cheap and is why my next vehicle will be a PHEV

Just hope that Mitsubishi does not let me down and continues to refuse the Outlander to the North American Market. Very bad mistake you are making Mitsubishi. Keep delaying and many of us will have no recourse but to look at another Manufacturer of PHEV SUV.

Back