Park sensors, in the front?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinH

I got my 2016 PHEV yesterday, i can not get the front park sensors to work, I almost dented my wifes car but no warnings on the dash.
The rear works fine, with sensors and camera, I have tryed to read the book, but very little information about the front ones, but 5 pages about the rear.
Is there something i am missing, or are they not mounted on my low spec car? I clearly see them in the front bumper.
can someone give me some ideas what to do?

On mine there is a button to the right of the console...above the other hidden buttons, which switches the front sensors on and off...although mine seem to default to on.

Apart from the beeps there appears to be no other indication where the hazard might be.

The button, apart from being infuriatingly inaccessible, is also infuriatingly difficult to use to switch the beeps off!

Despite there being several very obvious blank switch locations which are within easy sight and access!

JimB

The front sensors are more of side- and corner warnings and won't react to anything in the midline of the car (at least, on the old model). Are you sure they are not working?

Thanks!, I Think i must be more offensive to see if they work, I will test on a collegues car insted of my wifes!
Or maby cardboard boxes will be my test material, I will reply the result tomorrow.

I'm not sure who fits what on the PHEVs....dealers, Bristol (in the case of the UK) or someone else entirely...but I was expecting just two at the corners but there are 4 at the front and 4 at the back on mine.

Maybe a recent change?

JimB

Are there sensors on the new GX4h as well as the 360 camera?

I always thought it was either or, but I guess its a bonus if the MY16 model has both

Barnfather said:

I always thought it was either or, but I guess its a bonus if the MY16 model has both

I paid extra, through the nose, for the sensors which are not standard on the MY16 in the UK.

Jim B

Barnfather said:

My version has both: camera and sensors. I'm not too fond of the front sensors: they give the "death" tone when i'm still 40 cm from a wall / obstruction. This should be 10 cm at most.

Pancake said:
Barnfather said:

My version has both: camera and sensors. I'm not too fond of the front sensors: they give the "death" tone when i'm still 40 cm from a wall / obstruction. This should be 10 cm at most.

It might be useful to know which country you are in.

JimB

UK 4HS model, purchased a month ago, front and rear sensors as well as the 360 camera as standard.

Back