Phev was dead and dealer blame my 12v tom tom car charger

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k1k2k3

Hi guys . Last Wednesday my wife parked and charged the car when she gets home and a few hours later . The car will not start up . The remote does not work and when pressing the on button in the dash it shows nothing . Called the dealer and they towed my car away for inspection . 2 days later they called me and said they could not find the cause of the "dead" problem . And said the main fuse was blew up, and later on in the same day . They called me and said they suspected the problem was caused by my Tomtom iphone charger . I asked them did my car charger blew up ? And could you provide me an report saying it's caused by the car charger ? And they ignore my question and keep saying that could be the reason why the car was dead . And asked me to pay for their service instead of repairing it under warranty . Only purchase my PHEV last year . I asked them my understanding is if the car charger blew up the fuse . It should blew the fuse that control the cigarette lighter instead of the main fuse in the car , which his theory does not make sense at all . And the service guys said PHEV are special than normal car . Is it true or what shall I do ? They could not diagnose any problem at this stage but blame on my working car charger .

In my opinion, they're trying to wriggle out of the situation. No way should a faulty item connected to a fused power outlet blow the main fuse. What to do next? Don't know. A call to Mitsubishi direct? Or your local trading standards people. This sort of tosh needs to be stamped out. We expected it back in the 50's and 60's, but things should have moved on by now.

I agree with Regulo, when you turn the car off it cuts off the power outlets straight away.

I leave my iPhone cable plugged in to the centre power outlet all the time and as soon as I switch off the car, the light goes out.

They are definately trying it on, I'd call the Dealer Principal directly, give them until 4pm today to sort themselves out as you will be ringing Mitsubishi UK at 4.10. Also, if your car is on finance - especially if you included the Service Package in your credit arrangements - ring the loan provider and get them on your side as well.

Back all conversations up with email summaries as this is total rubbish and needs sorting out.

Good luck and let us all know how you get on.

Steel188 said:
I agree with Regulo, when you turn the car off it cuts off the power outlets straight away.

I leave my iPhone cable plugged in to the centre power outlet all the time and as soon as I switch off the car, the light goes out.

They are definately trying it on, I'd call the Dealer Principal directly, give them until 4pm today to sort themselves out as you will be ringing Mitsubishi UK at 4.10. Also, if your car is on finance - especially if you included the Service Package in your credit arrangements - ring the loan provider and get them on your side as well.

Back all conversations up with email summaries as this is total rubbish and needs sorting out.

Good luck and let us all know how you get on.

Yup,No chance to keep any connected electric device ON inside of the vehicle after you turn off your vehicle.
And there are dedicated fuses for each power outlet!
Just open your engine and there is a black box onto the right side of the vehicle(when you stand in front of the engine)
Open the box and turn the cover upside down,you'll see all the dedicated fuses.
And there are several small fuse boxes too...I was talking about the main fuse box.

What country are you in? In the EU (which for the time being still includes the UK ;)) you have legal protection. Guaranty must include " fit for reasonable use" Connecting a TomTom is clearly reasonable use. Have your legal insurance or your lawyer write a letter - and charge your dealer.

Hi guys thanks for ur suggestion . I'm in New Zealand . Cause I have done some research on google about the fuse issue for outlander Phev and found out the Mitsubishi did a recall back in 2014 about the battery drain issue and when I told the service people about it . They said that's in Europe and nothing to do with NZ . Very annoying . Gonna talk to lawyer today about it . Since they do not want to release my car unless I give them my credit card number . Very bad service

k1k2k3 said:
Hi guys thanks for ur suggestion . I'm in New Zealand . Cause I have done some research on google about the fuse issue for outlander Phev and found out the Mitsubishi did a recall back in 2014 about the battery drain issue and when I told the service people about it . They said that's in Europe and nothing to do with NZ . Very annoying . Gonna talk to lawyer today about it . Since they do not want to release my car unless I give them my credit card number . Very bad service

Kind of rude right?
But why?
No mistake at your end!

No harm in giving out your credit card number. If it was given out under duress for a contested claim you can reverse the payment with the credit card company, they will take your side. The dealer is not very smart as well, if they want to get their fingers on your money they should choose an unrevocable method of payment.

Back