PHEV Watchdog for all.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Andy,
I'm in the same boat with the nag screen, but I'm happily waiting patiently in the background. I'm sure you can appreciate the amount of work involved in this development.
The amount of data this app gives, I'd happily just cope with the nag screen personally.
As you've pointed out, it's a contribution and not a purchase. I for one am happy that I have donated to the project irrespective of the nag screen. Quality software that is getting better with every release.

Hi Steve, still have the nag screen?

I know Andy hasn't it anymore.

I can take up to 3 days (rarely more) to rebuild the app and remove the nag screen for the latest contributors.

Now rolling out gradually the latest v0.9.2 to all contributors.

This versions seems to be quite stable and a couple of new features have been added.

I'm carefully monitoring all data sent to the online server as new users are coming in.

Still some more time before the public release, but this seems to be a good one ;)

Hehe, I'm just not sure I want to provide my VIN number... a malicious developer might use it to target me individually :) (if VIN == pasquinade's -> destroy ECU).

I'm half jocking, half truthful... But these "android" and "facebook" privacy-free-for-alls always leave me very uncomfortable heheh.

But I'm with Steeeeve and happy to have contributed even without the nag screen removal! Great app :)

GreyBigFoot: Sou um velho do restelo, não ligues

Yeah, I got sorted
I may need a new odb device though, everything but fuel consumption logs perfectly, I've had a lot of weird figures on mpg though ( I may have an oil refinery under the hood!) waiting to be invited for new version first though to see if that resolves the issue prior to paying out for a new device

We might have some data issues to resolve for 2018 NA models. I'm not getting temperature or voltage data from all cell modules.

These images are from V0.9.2. OBD device is an OBDLink XL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-26-12-05-05.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2018-02-26-12-04-59.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2018-02-26-12-05-18.png
    66 KB · Views: 25
GreyBigFoot said:
I can take up to 3 days (rarely more) to rebuild the app and remove the nag screen for the latest contributors.

Once the app is talking to your DB, would it be easier to have a login screen on the app? you could then have a Boolean flag for contributors that could set / unset the 'nag screen'. log out of the app... the nag screen returns :)
would save recompiling etc, and could have the added benefit of linking the Car to the user without the key :)
although, I'd be just as happy with more features :D
I'm hoping someone works out how to trigger a battery re-calibration without taking the car into a dealership :lol:

Steeeeve said:
Yeah, I got sorted
I may need a new odb device though, everything but fuel consumption logs perfectly, I've had a lot of weird figures on mpg though ( I may have an oil refinery under the hood!) waiting to be invited for new version first though to see if that resolves the issue prior to paying out for a new device

Those are the signs of an incompatible OBD adapter.

Can you provide the model or a picture?

AndyH said:
We might have some data issues to resolve for 2018 NA models. I'm not getting temperature or voltage data from all cell modules.

That's strange... Have you noticed any other issues?

Thanks.

GreyBigFoot said:
AndyH said:

Thanks.

I found that in V0.8x and the current version both say that the battery in my car doesn't cool below about 36°C even after 24 hours of ambient temps below 20°C, and driving in 22°C ambient conditions results in battery temps in the 45-48°C range. The AC isn't running to cool the pack, so I'm beginning to expect a data problem rather than a toasty battery.

I'm seeing errors on the website in "battery data" then "charts" as well.
with minimum and maximum observed charge over mileage (and charge over time)
Data column(s) for axis #0 cannot be of type string×

edit...battery in my cool? No more typing before coffee.

AndyH said:
GreyBigFoot said:
AndyH said:

Thanks.

I found that in V0.8x and the current version both say that the battery in my cool doesn't cool below about 36°C even after 24 hours of ambient temps below 20°C, and driving in 22°C ambient conditions results in battery temps in the 45-48°C range. The AC isn't running to cool the pack, so I'm beginning to expect a data problem rather than a toasty battery.

OK. MY2018 models must report cell's voltages and module's temps differently than previous models, or maybe it's a thing for US & Canadian models (you do have a different VIN format from the rest of the world). I'll need a data sample from one of your trips to look into this.

I'll get back to you via email so we can sort these issues.

AndyH said:

GreyBigFoot said:
AndyH said:
GreyBigFoot said:

Thanks.

I found that in V0.8x and the current version both say that the battery in my carl doesn't cool below about 36°C even after 24 hours of ambient temps below 20°C, and driving in 22°C ambient conditions results in battery temps in the 45-48°C range. The AC isn't running to cool the pack, so I'm beginning to expect a data problem rather than a toasty battery.

OK. MY2018 models must report cell's voltages and module's temps differently than previous models, or maybe it's a thing for US & Canadian models (you do have a different VIN format from the rest of the world). I'll need a data sample from one of your trips to look into this.

I'll get back to you via email so we can sort these issues.
When Mitsubishi said they had to make some changes to bring the car into the North American market, I figured it would mean a larger battery or something similar. But to tweak data on the CAN? Huh - didn't see that coming. :lol:

Sorry to be a problem child. I'll do what I can to help get you the info you need.

I have been unable to get EVBattMon to work at all on my USA 2018 GT, so maybe the same problem with some changes in the data?

On a related note - how long does it take to get logon access to the watchdog web site? I signed up a week or so ago, but never got any email to confirm my account, and when I try to log in it says I can't until I confirm it. I can change my password tho.

Guess I'm a newbie - but today I get "Sorry, trip will not be saved." when I start live data. May have been trying to see which directory it puts data into. Currently set to "PHEVWatchdogLogs". This is my first experience with Android - not sure how I look at that directory or confirm it exists. Any tips are appreciated.

Hello N6IO.

Access to the website goes with the latest version of the App (v0.9.2) which is able to sync data online (v0.8.2 doesn't do that).

v0.9.2 is still a restricted release. I'm gradually making it available as I need to monitor the online server.

At this moment only contributors are running this version and being restricted helped me to fix a couple of things and prevent chaos in the online database.

Hope to make it soon available to users for free like v0.8.2, but this will happen slowly so you might have to wait a little more until it's your turn.

The ""Sorry, trip will not be saved." message shows when the App is unable to write to the database (storage).

I would suggest if possible that you try to clear the data/cache for the Watchdog App (this will erase all data you might have) through the system Apps list.
If you are not able to do this or it doesn't work, uninstall an reinstall the App (you should give all permissions asked, if any).

Just installed a Vgate ICar Pro BLE 4.0 in my 2016 version 4HS with 0.9.3 Watchdog in my OnePlus 5 Android phone and am very happy. have just checked out a recharge; have yet to try the Trip functions.

v0.9.4 is out.

Available on the playstore and on the website for contributors.

Change log:

Instant consumptions units FIX (was not updating on change) (Build: 2018SEP03)
Eco score formula FIX (Build: 2018SEP03)
Stationary charge on-the-fly FIX (was not switching units) (Build: 2018SEP03)
AdRequest FIX (resubmited on every fail) (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added autostart (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added two retries for OBD command failure (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added automatic screen switch (Build: 2018SEP03)
Improved Battery Maps handling (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added Cell number to Optimized Battery Maps (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added Resolution to Voçtage Battery Maps (experimental) (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added DBCAM cards to the Battery Condition List (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added AC/DC Chargings, DC/DC Chargings and Battery Usage (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added Battery Age (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added Wifi support (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added hideable action bar option (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added online user validation (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added hints at launch (Build: 2018SEP03)
Added Diagnostic Trouble Codes option (experimental) (Build: 2018SEP03)

Enjoy!

After installing v 0.9.4 ... I can't see anymore the number of 240v charges, and the counter of total charge time

There is a strange AC/DC element instead .. in kAh .. which is NOW shown in my case

Before was more clear what was about the shown value

Anybody know how to relate the new value with the old one ?

elm70 said:
There is a strange AC/DC element instead .. in kAh .. which is not shown in my case
In the settings page, you can make the menu bar "hideable" via swiping up/down. When you do so, and hide the bar, you will see captions. When you do not swipe up or do not use the setting, you don't see it.

Back