Phone App / Password/ SSID etc?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausphev

Ive not yet tried the app for the PHEV (I have a 10 year old phone!) but looking at the manual it says a card should be supplied with a password and network SSID. None came with the car and the dealer has no idea (its the first one they have and probably will ever sell)...it appears from the manual it may of been attached to the keys? If so my guess is they chucked it out when they put a nice dealership keyring on !.

They have told me that they can retrieve this information for me with the Mitsubishi diagnostic unit when I take it in for its 1500klm free check.

I know its trivial but would of liked to have the original card instead of some numbers written down in pencil.

Thanks, RB

Mine was inside the manual leather case, if you look on the inside of the front flap there should be 3 credit card size plastic parts. The SSID etc for my car was on a slip of paper hidden in there.

It wasn't easy to spot, it looked just like a scrap of paper with the Mitsubishi logo on but I took it out and turned it over and there was all the info.

PS, don't get too excited the app is pretty poor!

ours was in one of the little pockets in the plastic folder that contains the instruction manual and other car documentation. It's just a folded bit of white stiff paper with the SSID and Password printed plus a rather large QR code - I didn't try zapping the QR - possibly it would have done all the configuration for me...

P.S. agree that the app is not the best bit of programming in the world, but it does save you getting cold on a winter morning ...

thanks for replys, I never got any manuals in a leather case (maybe different with Aussie spec model?)...what I was supplied in the glovebox was a warranty booklet, a thick owners manual and a separate manual for the radio/satnav which were all in a sealed plastic bag. Anyone here with an aussie delivered PHEV that can tell me if the got a "card" with the SSID/ Password?

Regards
RB

Hi ausphev,

Yes I had a plastic zip bag with a paper that had a QR code and the SSID and password. This was attached to the keyring of the spare key, that also had a small metal tag with a code on it as well. The dealer needs to be tasked to replace the items at their cost as I am sure you will be charged down the track to have someone find the details in the car systems.

BTW no leather wallet was supplied. Only a plastic sleeve with the manuals.

Thanks, I got the spare key with a tag attached and also a DVD with backup software for the satnav. Looks like all I missed was the card with the password/ssid....dealer has said they will give me the info free on first inspection, still would of liked to have all the original bits though!

Hi got my GX4H on Friday. Was really keen to get the iPhone app set up but despite trying several times I can't get the car to let me connect.I get in close door, power switch pressed once followed by lock and unlock 5x no bleep?
Any help would be appreciated

Lodge271 said:
Hi got my GX4H on Friday. Was really keen to get the iPhone app set up but despite trying several times I can't get the car to let me connect.I get in close door, power switch pressed once followed by lock and unlock 5x no bleep?
Any help would be appreciated
I also took several attempts to get my bleep. The trick for me was to press lock/unlock quickly. I had done it deliberately slowly and deliberately.........Go for it!

Wait till you need to delete a phone, as I had to. Dealers should not be allowed to connect their phones to the car. The car only allows 2 phone connections, and If you and the significant other want connection, then one from the salesman has to be deleted. You have to start with the hazard button, and I think 20 button presses.

Picked ours up yesterday.... No password for the wifi!!

Are they generic?

NAPpy

Back