Poor EV range

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vpsupun

Car Model : 2015 Instyle+ (face lift)
Mileage : 125K Km

I bought this car few weeks ago and I'm worried about the EV range it can do.

I managed to collect the battery information via PHEV watchdog.

SOH : 71.3% of 40.0Ah
Capacity : 28.5Ah

As a 2015, 2nd owner car, I think the batter capacity (health) is OK. But the problem is, the EV range is not proportionate to the SOH.

Full charge GOM : 28 Km without climate control ( 16 Km with climate control )
Actual EV range I get : 18 Km without climate control ( 12 Km with climate control )

Notes :
- Ambient temp 5 - 8 C ( Climate control temp set 19C )
- Driving under minor traffic congestion
- Always drive with ECO mode

Appriciate if you can share your experience/suggestions on this matter.

And check your tyres are at the right pressures and not worn unduly - tracking would have an effect too.

Thanks for checking the GOM and the actual range achieved - so many questions are about the GOM alone which is fairly meaningless

But the guessometer (GOM?) will have factored in sticking brakes by now. I think this may be a misunderstanding as to how range is calculated on the last journey.

For example, I regularly deplete my battery by driving to North London and back. I use around twice as much energy getting there, uphill, than coming back downhill. As I am usually there for several hours, the guessometer uses the return journey to calculate the range after the next charge at more that the car will achieve driving around on the flat.

So it maybe the OP has a similar downhill journey immediately before charging leading to an overestimate of potential range for a full charge. Topography has a huge bearing on actual range due to the energy used to lift a 2 tonne car vertically. :idea:

AndyInOz said:
Get all your brakes checked.

A sticking caliper vastly reduces range.

Yeah. Recently I found my front, driver side tire brake sticking issue. Even after a short ride, break rotor become hot like hotplate. But no noise or anything. Planning to ask dealer to check it in my next service ( 27th March ).

Certainly get the brake sorted but, as I have already pointed out, anything mechanical will have already been factored into the guessometer calculation. :roll:

Back