Possible to rig the O PHEV as a mobile CHADEMO charger

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilingwhensailing

Hi

I am a Leaf driver and wonder if it would be easily possible to modify an Outlander PHEV to become a mobile CHADEMO charger.

best
Sws

Surely the Leaf battery is larger than the PHEV as it has 3 times the duration and takes longer to charge at normal rates so dumping the PHEV charge into a Leaf would leave it empty and possibly no longer usable - and, of course the Leaf wouldn't be fully charged :?:

I suppose you mean by running the engine, at a place with no electricity?

Even though it might be possible to create a control box that would trick the car
to energize the ChaDemo connector when connecting two cars, I doubt that the Outlander
would be happy to run the engine while it thinks it's charging (but in reality uncharging)
but I suppose that could be fixed with some CAN-bus hacking too...

I personally doubt it's worth the effort to reverse enginer the ChaDemo protocol only to see two cars catch fire though :)

Hmmm, now I am picturing "in-flight" refueling!

An Outlander PHEV at high speed followed by a Leaf, with the Leaf's charging flap open. Attendant in the back of the Outlander opens the hatch, sticks a pole out, and plugs the pole-attached cable into the charging port on the Leaf.

ActionableMango said:
Hmmm, now I am picturing "in-flight" refueling!

An Outlander PHEV at high speed followed by a Leaf, with the Leaf's charging flap open. Attendant in the back of the Outlander opens the hatch, sticks a pole out, and plugs the pole-attached cable into the charging port on the Leaf.

:lol: may as well just tow it :mrgreen:

it can do vehicle to home (V2H) power! http://www.gizmag.com/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-vehicle-to-home-v2h/35392

doesnt work when engine is running but a full battery could power a home for a whole day and they say a full tank of fuel to recharge in off moments gives up to 10 days power for a house. Only in Japan at the moment and needs a box of tricks.

so i imagine there is a way to do it potentially but I dont know how!

HJB

Back