Pressurized Fuel Tank - does Outlander PHEV have it?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the left of the steering wheel. Next to the trunk lift button.
That is the button for the fuel door. I noticed when I pushed it it has a delay and on the dash it says getting ready to fill. It must be lowering the pressure at this point.

I am not denying the laws of physics. If you read your post it makes no sense at all.
So you are saying that pumping liquid out of a sealed vessel doesn't form a partial vacuum - difficult to see that this is not defying the laws of physics but then I haven't been at school for a long time so perhaps the universe has undergone some fundamental change that I have missed! 🤣

So you are saying that pumping liquid out of a sealed vessel doesn't form a partial vacuum - difficult to see that this is not defying the laws of physics but then I haven't been at school for a long time so perhaps the universe has undergone some fundamental change that I have missed! 🤣
There is a release valve on all fuel caps after a certain year. When the tank cools the pressure decreases when this happens the valve opens and allows air into the tank. As a result, in 1971, the EPA mandated that all vehicles had to have sealed systems so that volatile gasoline vapors could not get into the atmosphere. As a licensed vehicle technician for the last 45 years I think I know what I am talking about. This has nothing to do with defying the laws of physics.

There is a release valve on all fuel caps after a certain year. When the tank cools the pressure decreases when this happens the valve opens and allows air into the tank. As a result, in 1971, the EPA mandated that all vehicles had to have sealed systems so that volatile gasoline vapors could not get into the atmosphere. As a licensed vehicle technician for the last 45 years I think I know what I am talking about. This has nothing to do with defying the laws of physics.
Well at last you explain what you are talking about. So the posts above from various people referring to a pressurised fuel tank are nonsense AND now we understand how the partial vacuum is not created - by drawing in air as fuel is pumped out.

In addition, the post claiming "All Outies, and, in fact, most Mitsubishi gas-powered vehicles have pressurized fuel tanks." is also wrong, not least because we now learn that this is a US EPA regulation from 1971 - which explains why my 2014 UK model doesn't.

Moderator please note - in the previous version of this forum the members country was shown, which would of saved us a lot of wasted effort here!!!!!!

Well at last you explain what you are talking about. So the posts above from various people referring to a pressurised fuel tank are nonsense AND now we understand how the partial vacuum is not created - by drawing in air as fuel is pumped out.

In addition, the post claiming "All Outies, and, in fact, most Mitsubishi gas-powered vehicles have pressurized fuel tanks." is also wrong, not least because we now learn that this is a US EPA regulation from 1971 - which explains why my 2014 UK model doesn't.

Moderator please note - in the previous version of this forum the members country was shown, which would of saved us a lot of wasted effort here!!!!!!
Hmm...

I can see the location for myself and many members, maybe the users have not put any information in that field?

(Account details, Location)

Back