Punctures

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonPaul

My Outlander is 2018, and it comes without a spare wheel. I had a serious puncture this week and needed to use the emergency can of gunge that's in the boot (trunk)! But no-one could tell me what to do with it and all the instructions are in German!

Any clues from someone for the next time this happens, to save me a lot of grief?

Pages from the owner's manual, chapter 8 "For Emergencies" I also carry a $10 tire plug kit in the glovebox, comes with the tools, plugs, and a bottle of rubber cement. Also handy to have a multi tool or needle nose pliers to remove foreign objects from the tread area! :)
Screenshot from 2024-03-27 12-47-45.pngScreenshot from 2024-03-27 12-48-38.pngScreenshot from 2024-03-27 12-48-54.pngScreenshot from 2024-03-27 12-49-16.pngScreenshot from 2024-03-27 12-49-42.png

Thanks for this. I did look in the online manual but I couldn't see any reference to it.

My Outlander is 2018, and it comes without a spare wheel. I had a serious puncture this week and needed to use the emergency can of gunge that's in the boot (trunk)! But no-one could tell me what to do with it and all the instructions are in German!

Any clues from someone for the next time this happens, to save me a lot of grief?
Pirelli run-flat tire, so there's no need to keep a spare tire in the car!

CINTURATO™ ALL SEASON SF 2 225/55R18 102V XL​

Attachments

• IMG_1470.png
    IMG_1470.png
    557 KB · Views: 0
Get yourself a Michelin Uptin, which is airless. Well worth it. My 2015 pHEV HAD A PUNCTURE AFTER 9 YEARS. I had to call the tow truck out to take me to puncture repair shop. Absolute nightmare. A whole day of work down the drain. NEVER USE THE EMERGENCY CAN OF GUNGE as the tyre has to be replaced, and cannot be repaired. My tyres were new with lots of thread. Here goes:
Will the day come when we’re all routinely driving around on airless tyres? Do we even need them?

Tyre makers have been tinkering with the idea of reinventing the wheel for a number of years now, but so far, the brainchild of Scotsmen Robert Thomson and later John Boyd Dunlop, inventors of the pneumatic tyre, has yet to be bettered.

In January, Michelin announced the Uptis, its concept for a puncture-proof tyre, would go on trial in Singapore on a fleet of DHL vans. The Uptis airless tyres will be introduced during the course of 2023, the plan being to overcome the costly problem of downtime and tyres scrapped through punctures on last-mile delivery vehicles.
The trial raises the question: could the puncture-proof tyres be an advantage for car drivers? Michelin says the tyres are intended for cars as well as light vans and says they are more resilient to ‘road hazards’ than run-of-the-mill tyres.

Because there’s no air involved, the Uptis will also overcome the problem that plagues not just delivery fleets working on a high-duty cycle but the average car driver too: neglecting tyre pressures. Pneumatic tyres rely to a large degree on being run at the correct pressures to perform properly.

Back