Random Bong?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogsetc

So I've had the car for a week and a half now and still haven't figured this out :?

Every now and then (and always in the same places) the car bongs at me. But to date I've not seen any messages to go with it.

What on earth is it trying to tell me and why is it being so coy? :mrgreen:

You're speeding! :cool:

Seriously I think the SatNav boings if you go over the speed limit on a road you're on. Sure there is a way to switch it off but haven't worked it out yet

apyds said:
You're speeding! :cool:

Seriously I think the SatNav boings if you go over the speed limit on a road you're on. Sure there is a way to switch it off but haven't worked it out yet
No it does not. However you have a speed limiter in your cruise control if your car has ACC.
You can disable "turn warning" in the Satnav settings.

Okay thanks Peeps, I will be looking for the option to turn that one off :roll:

Incidentally, has anyone else found that the speed limit indication is hopeless :?:

Not sure that the sharp turn makes sense :?: If it is that then its very selective about which sharp turns to warn me about. Perhaps its only the ones with criminal gangs or drug dealers on the other side ;)

As regards the speed limits - perhaps it's that map update issue that Hypermiler noticed as it's mainly 30 and 40mph limits that it gets wrong and those of course are the ones most likely to have changed in the recent past.

I checked with my dealer regarding the warning ping and he confirmed it should be the sharp-curves-ahead-warning....I can at least exclude excessive speed in most of the cases I have been pinged. Will definitely switch this of as soon as I find the setting...so annoying....if it was a hot-curves-attention-signal I would keep it on, lol ...that would be some really useful feature... (not intending to offend the female members here !)

Going off-topic again, has anyone found a setting to change the satnav voice?

I'm finding the one in my car rather stern :shock:

Feels more like an episode of Prisoner Cell block H than a car journey :!:

Not got my PHEV yet so can't help too much, I found the woman on the sat nav scary in my shogun, there is a male voice which is much better ;)

This appears to be when you are heading at speed towards a metal sign of other object i.e. at a roundabout. the next stage is a BRAKE sign on the display. this has happened on the odd occasion.
like you we were concerned when we first heard it but its always at the same place as we leave some motorways

Re satnav woman - I found if you turn her down a lot she sounds a bit better. The other voice is friendlier - the phone voice control instructions one - shame we can't have her!

On the way home from picking the car up, she was on quite loud and forced me to go a different way entirely - "KEEP RIGHT!!!" she said 3 times, so insistently I felt I had to do it - I think I'll have to call her SWMBO!

H

IECLTD said:
This appears to be when you are heading at speed towards a metal sign of other object i.e. at a roundabout. the next stage is a BRAKE sign on the display. this has happened on the odd occasion.
like you we were concerned when we first heard it but its always at the same place as we leave some motorways
That is something different. Collision Mitigation System.
When the car detects a situation where a collision might happen it will:
A: Emit a series of harsh beeps
B. Display an orange sign "BRAKE" on the instrument panel.
C. Start powering up the brake system
D. Start preparing the safety systems like airbags and belt tensioners
E. if the driver does not brake by himself the car will apply full braking power, which feels like hitting a concrete wall but will either save you from frontal damage or lessen the impact substantially.

If it happens regularly and at the same spot you can take it as a comment on your driving style....

You can set the system to "near", "far" or "off" by a button on the driver side in the lower button array.

Back