Rear Power Supply

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, mine was waiting for me. The device cap unscrews. Mine was not too tight, but unscrewed fairly easily. Watch out, there is a very small fuse in the cap when it comes apart and the top tip and chrome cover fall out easily. The fuse went on the floor and rolled. It is small and a bugger to find! he two half can then be gently prized aart. I did it from the top (power end) and simply pulled the halfs aside slowly.

The SIM card and memory card just slide in and it powers up when you insert the SIM. My cheap GiffGaff SIM works OK in my spare phone but not in the tracker, so it may be incompatible. I will try another SIM when I can get one (my only other SIM is for the iphone and will not fit as it is a mini nano size and I do not have an adapter).

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff
Mine was tighter but your post helped; used nut crackers to apply a little more force. I like you planned to use GiffGaff sim but need to get a SD card first before I can try it out.

Erm, looks like mine might be faulty - red light stays illuminated and if I call the SIM in the tracker, it goes to voicemail and, obviously, it shouldn't. SIM works fine in a Nokia. Will try and borrow another phone, but it shouldn't make any difference as the SIM is activated.

Oh well . . an email to a Chinese seller explaining there is a problem - wonderful (not)

It would be interesting to post your success though . . .

JEff

I have same problem.
When I insert SIM I get a continuous red light. Inserting SD card no change.
I tested SIM(GiffGaff) in Android phone can receive and make SMS with my Nokia Phone.
Sent the Binding code QQQ but no change to red LED.
When I first inserted SIM I got a slow blinking Red LED which eventually discharged the battery.
FAQ section of Instructions talks of rebooting machine. Only ways I can see are
1. Remove Sim and reinsert - which I have done.
2. Allow to discharge and then recharge with SIM and SD in place - which I will try.

Yep, I am waiting for the batteery to run down and hope it will reboot and clear the problem when recharged.

I have also raised a "replacement request" with the seller, but, to be truthful, I think I may have to raise this as an issue with eBay, but hopefully not.

Jeff

I posted a return request and got a response from seller via Ebay this morning . He wants a video showing the problem and gives an email address.

Yep, I have had three days of a run-around, they asked for a photo of the LED lit up - huh?

Then they said they had referred it to their manager and could I email them tomorrow to ask what was happening. Double HUH!

I started an eBay return / complaint process today.

Now I also have installed rear supply. Thanks jthspace for good writing and pics! I chose to place the outlet in a different position and also I kept the housing of my voltage regulator. Otherwise the installation is the same as jthspace's.

A query if I may?

The GX5H etc comes with rear USB point for rear passengers to the rear of the central console - like most cars have. Using the USB port you have, could I drill the hole and piggy-back the electrics to the one inside the central tunnel storage 12v outlet?

I won't be using the centre tunnel outlet. At least not at the same time, so overload wouldn't be an issue.

Any thoughts? Although I guess there might be another 12v feed around there for the rear entertainment screens?

Cheers.

It would be possible,but when I was looking at the centre console, it looked a pain to get to. I do not know, off hand, if the USB sockets in the armrest supply 5v or if they are just for a feed into the entertainment system though. Jeff

Hi,
Not sue if you till use this forum but I would love to see the photos from your posts if possible regarding the 12v socket instal in the boot.The photos are showing as not available
Thanks

jthspace said:
OK, the fitting by paa451843 is a much neater solution, so I have taken a deep breath, took a step back and decided to follow the example.

Here is the cup holder modified. I took the sockets out of the holder. I also fitted a toggle switch because the USB sockets have a 12v to 5v step down transformer, so will be drawing power even if unused. I also fitted the battery voltage protector, I took it out of its case and mounted it as shown.

IMG_0188.jpg

Rear of modified cup holder. I have used spade terminals onto the connectors, crimped and soldered. I have also wrapped the wires to keep them neat. You can see the battery voltage monitor mounted by very sticky 3M pads.
IMG_0185.jpg

Close up of the USB connector
IMG_0182.jpg

Here you can see the toggle in the centre of the cupholder
8e515657-0cf8-460d-a2f3-7f3190f8c9a4.jpg

It was getting dark, so tomorrow I will wire the red positive wire to the battery and the black wire to ground. There will be a 10 amp fuse in-line as well, not shown in the above.

Jeff

Back