Registering VIN and wireless LAN

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twong

I have just tried to follow the instructions on the PHEV app to register my VIN, but somehow I am not getting pass step 3 which consist of pressing the LOCK and UNLOCK 5 times. I don't get any buzzer sound to indicate the vehicle is ready to be registered.

Any idea what I am not getting right?

It took me several attempts. Initially I wasn't doing the lock unlock presses quick enough I think. The switch on in ACC mode, with drivers' door shut, followed by 10 presses must be done within 10 seconds.
Having successfully registered 2 Android phones on Monday, yesterday the app on one phone had to be updated. Then the vehicle software had to be updated. Repeatedly the updated app phone failed to connect to the vehicle but I was then able to connect the other phone which did connect, and, in registration mode as for pairing, the vehicle software update happened. It warns you that ACC must stay on and contact maintained for up to 10 minutes for this to happen.
Afterwards I still couldn't get the updated phone to connect so I'm going to work on that today.
Good luck.

Uptodat said:
yesterday the app on one phone had to be updated. Then the vehicle software had to be updated.

Hi,

That's interesting. Did you get a list of any improvements or notice any changes?

Kind regards,
Mark

Hi

My app will no longer connect some it auto updated a couple of days ago and couldn't make it work by going through the setup process again.

Kind regards
Mark

Oh dear. That doesn't sound good Mark. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app and will try to re-register when my wife brings the car back. I wonder if both phones have to be de-registered before re-registering. It's a bit of a faff! Remote control is a nice gimmick but it seems a bit counter-productive at the moment.

P.S. The what's new on the app: fixed display of Norwegian , and non-working pre- A/C.
Haven't noticed any difference because, apart from turning lights on and off, my first proper r/c use was the failed communications when trying the charge timer. TBH I can only imagine using it to air/con and de-frost from bed on some days. I only plug in before I go to bed anyway and want want to leave it going for a full charge, so setting the timer seems a bit of a time waste.

Hi

Uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app but still can't pair.

I guess the next step is to try and reset the car side to the default somehow ...

Kind regards
Mark

There doesn't seem to be much in the manuals about R/C app but you are directed to:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/

where I discovered in FAQ:

Q: When updating the software of my vehicle, is there anything I need to be careful about?
A:
Do not quit the application.
Do not enter sleep mode or the screen lock mode on the wireless device.
Please check that the radio wave environment is good for wireless device.
Do not connect another wireless device.

There was no prior warning of this and in the course of the update my phone screen lock activated - it takes up to 10 mins. Maybe I haven't updated the veh software?!

What fun!

Hi

ok, sorted this out. I needed to delete the pairing info on the car and then try again and success.

Here's the link how to delete:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

Kind regards
Mark

Uptodat said:
It took me several attempts. Initially I wasn't doing the lock unlock presses quick enough I think. The switch on in ACC mode, with drivers' door shut, followed by 10 presses must be done within 10 seconds.
Having successfully registered 2 Android phones on Monday, yesterday the app on one phone had to be updated. Then the vehicle software had to be updated. Repeatedly the updated app phone failed to connect to the vehicle but I was then able to connect the other phone which did connect, and, in registration mode as for pairing, the vehicle software update happened. It warns you that ACC must stay on and contact maintained for up to 10 minutes for this to happen.
Afterwards I still couldn't get the updated phone to connect so I'm going to work on that today.
Good luck.

I have also done both the pairing and a software update and as Uptodat has said, the 10 button presses in 10 seconds from the moment you start ACC mode seems to be important or the process does not function. It took me 3 or 4 goes each time. As for the software update, I have no idea what it did but the car did start afterwards.
Unlike some of my MS windows updates :)
I only noted the version numbers after this 1st update. They were SW Version = T and the map Version 2013-A.
Note, I have an Outlander bought in Australia, July 2014 and I guess there would be different version numbers for different parts of the world.

Uptodat said:
There doesn't seem to be much in the manuals about R/C app but you are directed to:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/

where I discovered in FAQ:

Q: When updating the software of my vehicle, is there anything I need to be careful about?
A:
Do not quit the application.
Do not enter sleep mode or the screen lock mode on the wireless device.
Please check that the radio wave environment is good for wireless device.
Do not connect another wireless device.

There was no prior warning of this and in the course of the update my phone screen lock activated - it takes up to 10 mins. Maybe I haven't updated the veh software?!

What fun!

This is a good point to note about the screen lock. I had noticed that when this happened the app stopped working/lost it connection to the car. So I kept the screen active for the 10 minutes during the update and I saw the update complete. But I do not know what the update did.

I have done as the URL says. here
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

But how do you get into the ....."Registration DeletionMode". I have nothing on my 2015 PHEV that I can see to get into this mode and until I can, I can go no further.
I deleted VIN on the APP on my tablet last night, thinking it would give me the option to clear ONE of the logged in mobiles. In this case the salesman's.
But it wiped the lot and I now cannot get Tablet or 'phone to connect.
I went and sat in the car as suggested far away from any wi-fi interference and it still does not work. This system is a frustrating bluddy JOKE!

Carnut said:
But how do you get into the ....."Registration DeletionMode".

I can't tell if you're serious or just trolling.

From the link that YOU posted.

Procedure of registration deletion

STEP1 Turn on Hazard lamp.
STEP2 Setup your vehicle to delete the registration information.
(Perform this operation while the driver-side door is closed.)
Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 30 seconds,
press LOCK and UNLOCK on the key fob alternately 10 times in total.

In case that's not utterly obvious.

Registration deletion is the same process as Registration, EXCEPT with the Hazard lights turned on.

AndyInOz said:
Registration deletion is the same process as Registration, EXCEPT with the Hazard lights turned on.
Be aware, the reset procedure must be performed AFTER you first get into registration mode. So:

Get in and close door.
Activate ACC mode.
Hit 5 times Open -> Close on the FOB to get into registration mode (System beeps as many times as there are registered devices (+1 time I guess))
Then turn on hazard lights and 10 more times Open -> Close on the FOB (System beeps again to tell you reset has taken place)

Then you need to start again with the registration process in order to register your own phone / tablet.

"Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 30 seconds,"

Anko, the instructions posted by Mitsubishi suggest that the deregistration mode has to be completed within 30 seconds of turning the car on in ACC mode...

That's quite a hurdle, putting the car into registration mode, and then deregistration mode all within 30 seconds.

I've checked the instructions again, and suspect that you're mistaken.

Step 1 - Turn on Hazard lights
Step 2 - Turn on Registration Deletion mode (ACC then 10 alternate presses while hazard lights are on)
Step 3 - Delete Registration - (20 alternate presses - while in Registration Deletion Mode)

AndyInOz said:
"Turn the power switch to ACC, then within 30 seconds,"

Anko, the instructions posted by Mitsubishi suggest that the deregistration mode has to be completed within 30 seconds of turning the car on in ACC mode...

That's quite a hurdle, putting the car into registration mode, and then deregistration mode all within 30 seconds.
Does it say "start with the next sequence", or does it say "complete the next sequence"? IIRC it does neither. I have always followed this procedure and always managed to deregister (or reactivate the REMOTE network) this way.

AndyInOz said:
I've checked the instructions again, and suspect that you're mistaken.

Step 1 - Turn on Hazard lights
Step 2 - Turn on Registration Deletion mode (ACC then 10 alternate presses while hazard lights are on)
Step 3 - Delete Registration - (20 alternate presses - while in Registration Deletion Mode)
Must be different for Southern hemisphere then ;) I have always used this procedure. Just Googled again and found these PDFs. Unfortunately, they are in Dutch, but once you know "hazard light" translates to "alarmlicht" you will be able to interpret them:

http://www.outlanderphevforum.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Reset-procedure.pdf

First two steps of the reset procedure are identical to the registration procedure:

http://www.outlanderphevforum.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Registratie-procedure.pdf

Back