Remote App Charging

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martini

Hi Guys,

Have been reading this forum for some time now whilst awaiting delivery of my PHEV. Lots of very useful information - thanks.

Having looked at the on-line documentation for the remote app it is not entirely clear (to me at least) whether it is possible to control the charging process without using the timers, i.e. can the charging process be started and stopped from the remote app?

From what I have read it looks like this is NOT possible but would be grateful if anyone with experience of using the remote app could confirm this or otherwise.

You could set a schedule for say 1 minute on a sunday, then use the remote to stop/start charging as per the schedule.

I've not tried it but it ought to work.

Thanks for the replies...

Bob, which button on the app do you mean by the "timer over ride button", is it that labelled "TIMER ON/OFF"? If so will it not be necessary to set a timed charge period first? I was hoping to be able to start/stop a charge without having to set any timers.

Thanks again for responses. However I do not think my original question has really been answered although perhaps I should add more detail to that question... I do not wish to use timers as charging will be done during daytime and on an ad hoc basis depending upon the sun shining or not (using solar generated power). Thus I was wondering if, using the remote app, it would be possible to control the charging process, i.e. stop and then start then stop again etc etc as solar generation rises and falls.
Its not really an imperative for me to remotely start/stop/start etc the charging process, can always do it manually but it would be easier remotely.

martini said:
Thanks again for responses. However I do not think my original question has really been answered although perhaps I should add more detail to that question... I do not wish to use timers as charging will be done during daytime and on an ad hoc basis depending upon the sun shining or not (using solar generated power). Thus I was wondering if, using the remote app, it would be possible to control the charging process, i.e. stop and then start then stop again etc etc as solar generation rises and falls.
Its not really an imperative for me to remotely start/stop/start etc the charging process, can always do it manually but it would be easier remotely.

I have solar panels, I've decided that it's too much hassle to start/stop the charging plus this may well confuse the car and/or cause improper charging.

I generally plug in based on what's going on in the house and the predicted weather over the next few hours.

A small excess of electricity, up to 3kW/h will go to heat my hot water via my Solar iBoost.

The proper solution to the dilemma above will be a home battery so that nothing is exported to the grid, I'm going to wait a few years till the price comes down.

Yes agreed, it may possibly cause problems.... will see how it goes.

Although a bit off topic I had a Solar iBoost originally, two fans and a big bang from item later and the installer changed it for a PowerFlow unit which although a bit more expensive initially seems to do a great job and samples the generated solar power much more frequently than the iBoost and no fans!

Thanks again for all the replies.

- Yes, the Timer on/off button in the APP's start screen can be used to manually start and stop charging
- solar panel users can use a wall charger which dynamicaly regulates the charging current via PWM according to a control voltage from the panels.

I bought a second hand charger ICCB board where this feature is supported for less than EUR 100
made in UK ;)

Back