Remote app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilksmark

I,m struggling with my remote app.When I try to set a command I get the message " connected to another network" the network I have is my home wifi.I have an I phone 5.
Please help.

You would need to be very close to the car, inside or stood next to the passenger side.

If you are using Android you may find the phone keeps trying to disconnect as it can't find the internet, you can change this in wifi settings on the phone.

Am I being a bit thick or not researched enough.I thought the whole idea of the amp is that one of the settings is turning you heater or AC on.If I've got to go next to the car I don't need an app?

Wilksmark said:
Am I being a bit thick or not researched enough.I thought the whole idea of the amp is that one of the settings is turning you heater or AC on.If I've got to go next to the car I don't need an app?

He is slightly exaggerating - but the range is short. My car is parked close to the house and I can control it from all rooms, but the signal strength is poor at the rear of the house.

maby said:
Wilksmark said:

He is slightly exaggerating - but the range is short. My car is parked close to the house and I can control it from all rooms, but the signal strength is poor at the rear of the house.
Not exaggerating by much IMHO, in my case I have to stand outside, within about 10 feet of the car. Although TBF the range does seem to have improved a bit with the latest version.

Another little irritation you will find (at least if you have an iPhone) is that when the phone connects to the car's wifi, it tries to connect to the internet via wifi rather than 3g, but since the car is not connected to the internet it obviously fails. The net result being that if you want to, say, check your facebook account whilst sat in the car, you must first turn wifi on your phone off. If you're anything like me you will probably forget to turn it back on again, meaning that you are paying to use 3g data until you next remember :x

Perhaps it's an iPhone thing? I use a Samsung Note 3 and have the opposite problem much of the time - while I'm in the house, the phone connects to the car rather than the house broadband and I can't access the Internet.

maby said:
Perhaps it's an iPhone thing? I use a Samsung Note 3 and have the opposite problem much of the time - while I'm in the house, the phone connects to the car rather than the house broadband and I can't access the Internet.
What, the range you mean? Could be I guess.

An Android phone will automatically connect to the proper REMOTExxxxx network, presuming the app has been properly paired to the car.

An iPhone cannot do that, as iOS won't allow an app to manipulate the wifi connection. You must connect to the proper wifi connection manually, using the iOS configuration screen,before starting the app.

BTW, once you have established a connection to the REMOTExxxx network, you can change the connection parameters from DHCP to static. Copy the IP address (most likely something like 192.168.8.xxx) and subnet mask (255.255.255.0) you find under DHCP to the appropriate fields under Static. Do not copy router and DNS parameters. This will allow the iPhone to connect to the Internet via 3G / 4G while connected to the REMOTExxxxx network.

maby said:
Hi,
I have the Note 2 and there is a setting that checks if the Internet is available after connecting to the car, which it isn't of course, so it then disconnects from the car's wi-fi automatically. When loading the app, it seems to connect fine to the car without worrying that the Internet isn't available.

Kind regards,
Mark

anko said:
once you have established a connection to the REMOTExxxx network, you can change the connection parameters from DHCP to static. Copy the IP address (most likely something like 192.168.8.xxx) and subnet mask (255.255.255.0) you find under DHCP to the appropriate fields under Static. Do not copy router and DNS parameters. This will allow the iPhone to connect to the Internet via 3G / 4G while connected to the REMOTExxxxx network.

Genius! Thanks anko. It was so annoying having to remember to turn off wi-fion my iPhone every time I used the car.

Back