rockford fosgate audio not in UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milemuncher

Ive seen videos and picks of the phev in Europe and further afield where the dash had a Rockford fosgate marking and a sub in the boot.
Do anyone know if this sound upgrade is available anywhere and whether the audio system installed in the phev is any good?

We don't get RF stereo in Australia which is the biggest disappointment for me because I love listening music from a decent stereo with a subwoofer (All of my previous vehicles had factory installed premium stereo with separate amplifier and subwoofer). The standard stereo in PHEV is not good at all. MM should have offered RF at least as a factory built option. Strange enough all of the pre-release reviews done by Australian media stated that it comes with RF stereo. I was so sure of it that I didn’t even check or listen to it during the test drive. Checking out the silence of PHEV in different modes was the most important thing to check during the test drive. I found that it didn’t have RF stereo when I picked up my vehicle. Thought of installing after market system but because of the delicate and very complex nature of electric & electronic circuitry in PHEV I couldn't dare to install an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer or get some professional to install it specially after reading the issues owner had after installing front censors.
Actually, it makes me wonder who or what country gets RF stereo :?: as standard feature on high spec model(s) or as a factory option.

I was told by a chap at Garmin (who supply the sat nav) that the audio unit is by Kenwood
Model number DNX4230DAB

pheverish said:
I was told by a chap at Garmin (who supply the sat nav) that the audio unit is by Kenwood
Model number DNX4230DAB

Although the UK car is a Kenwood audio unit it is not the one you mention, it looks very different.

CJ

Norway has RF too, and sadly; no. It seems to be the Cervin Vega of motoring.

"We give you bass and treble. If you want midtone you have to sort that out yourself."

Also the sub seems to start a little high compared to what it really should. It sounds both strained and too loud in the higher tones.

I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

-KJ

Back