Rockford Fosgate System

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todgefast

Hello

Can any UK PHEV owners confirm if the UK version includes the full Rockford Fosgate Audio system with big subwoofer in the boot?

Cheers,

Todge

todgefast said:
Hello

Can any UK PHEV owners confirm if the UK version includes the full Rockford Fosgate Audio system with big subwoofer in the boot?

Cheers,

Todge

I have just taken delivery of my PHEV and no sub woofer option available when I ordered, so I guess no, not sure how I would tell if it is a Rockford Fosgate system but doesn't look anything special.

Hi Everyone,

I am in Sydney-Australia and just picked up my White Outlander PHEV Aspire yesterday.
For people in other regions, PHEV comes in two trim levels in AU;
1-Standard trim
2-Luxury trim called Aspire which has the goodies such as leather seats (heated at front), radar cruise control, collision avoidance, lane departure control, sunroof, mobile application and so on...

I remember reading an Australian review of the vehicle saying that the stereo is a Rockford Fosgate (RF) system with a subwoofer even the pictures they printed had the subwoofer. I didn't check it during the test drive and when I picked up the vehicle yesterday, the salesman said that RF stereo is deleted and sunroof is included in specifications for AU. Is this the case for all Australian owners? and what is the case in Europe?
The other feature that is also mentioned but seems to be missing is auto electric folding mirrors :( Does European vehicles have electrically auto folding mirrors?
Other than these above two points quite happy with it, did a 62 km trip in Sydney, used paddle shifters a lot trying to generate extra charge as much as possible. On last a few kms ICE kicked in to top up the battery. One thing I noticed is that ICE seems to run at a higher speed (audible engine sound) even in series mode when more power is needed such as going steep uphill. But every review I read and also AU Mitsubishi Web Site and booklet they give out indicates ICE runs at constant 1000 RPM when charging in series mode, it only increases RPM in parallel mode at higher speeds! There were times when ICE kicked in to top up the battery on flat road and ICE was not audible at all. And I can confirm that it never went into parallel mode, I was watching the screen like a Hawkeye because of that ( not watching the road) collision avoidance system warning sound came on and orange warning display came on so it works :D
So did anybody have similar experience as ICE running at a higher speed when battery is depleted and extra power is needed going uphill in parallel mode?
So much reading, playing around and learning to do :lol:

Hi

UK models have folding mirrors and no RD audio. The gx4h and above have a sunroof. The base model doesn't.

The engine speed will vary depending on required power except in parallel hybrid mode. Perranwell hybrids mode is the preferred mode at speeds above about 45mph since it is the most efficient subject to driving conditions permitting is use.

Enjoy your car :)

Kind regards
Mark

Be glad you do not have that subwoofer. It takes up real space in the boot and does not sound particularly nice, quite undamped.

ufo said:
2-Luxury trim called Aspire which has the goodies such as leather seats (heated at front), radar cruise control, collision avoidance, lane departure control, sunroof, mobile application and so on...

... the salesman said that RF stereo is deleted and sunroof is included in specifications for AU. Is this the case for all Australian owners? and what is the case in Europe?
The other feature that is also mentioned but seems to be missing is auto electric folding mirrors :(

...collision avoidance system warning sound came on and orange warning display came on so it works :D

Hi UFO,

I picked up my Aspire last week, and I noticed there is no Lane Departure Warning. Does yours have it? No folding mirrors either, or RF radio - sunroof is included in the spec.

You're right about the collision avoidance system, comes on when I'm too close to a vehicle turning left, as I don't tend to slow down :-0 Also, the Adaptive Cruise Control works a treat.

Cheers.

BTW, there used to be a UFO on the AussieFrogs (Citroen) forum. Might you be the same person?

Gabe said:
ufo said:

... the salesman said that RF stereo is deleted and sunroof is included in specifications for AU. Is this the case for all Australian owners? and what is the case in Europe?
The other feature that is also mentioned but seems to be missing is auto electric folding mirrors :(

...collision avoidance system warning sound came on and orange warning display came on so it works :D

Hi UFO,

I picked up my Aspire last week, and I noticed there is no Lane Departure Warning. Does yours have it? No folding mirrors either, or RF radio - sunroof is included in the spec.

You're right about the collision avoidance system, comes on when I'm too close to a vehicle turning left, as I don't tend to slow down :-0 Also, the Adaptive Cruise Control works a treat.

Cheers.

BTW, there used to be a UFO on the AussieFrogs (Citroen) forum. Might you be the same person?

Hi Gabe,

No, I am a different UFO. Yes you are right, no Lane Departure Warning(LDW), no auto folding mirrors and no RF stereo. I don't care much about LDW but I am really pissed off about mirrors and RF stereo. After finding about these, I checked Mitsubishi AU web site, it is not mentioned any where that these features are included. So can't do anything about it. But the review done by "drive.com.au" indicates LDW, auto mirrors and RF stereo are included. Funny thing the owner's manual indicates that auto folding mirrors are available only in vehicles that are equipped with "mirror retractor switch" but there is no such exclusion clause for LDW, so one assumes that LDW should be available.
Got to love the English in the manual, one would think a gigantic corporation like Mitsubishi would be able to afford a better translator than whomever translated the manual.
Yes you are right Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) works brilliantly, somebody somewhere mentioned that it was just a gimmick and was too jerky in operation. That's bullocks, it works so smoothly and it is so accurate. Once I set it, all I had to do was to steer the PHEV until I reached my destination on freeway. it seems to be doing OK in city traffic, but I wouldn't use it in City anyway.
At the moment I am trying to figure out what the best strategy is to obtain best mileage while on highway/freeway when you want to save drive battery for later use in City, options are;

1-Let PHEV decide whatever the conditions are
2-Hit save button while on highway/freeway
3-Hit charge button while on highway/freeway

What do you think? It looks like if you let battery drain completely, then when more power is needed such as going steep uphill in city driving, it seems like it puts too much strain on ICE (you can here ICE labouring, audible ICE noise, actually this is the only time ICE was audible so far in my experience with PHEV). This was experienced during another drive scenario other than indicated below.

Yesterday I did app. 160 kms about 100 km on freeway at 100-110 kms/hr. and 60 km city driving. Started with full battery with 50 km EV range, by the time I got to freeway I had 32 EV range left, then hit the save button until freeway driving finished (50 km). During that 50 km PHEV was sometimes running on pure EV, sometimes ICE running, charging the drive battery and driving front wheels, sometimes just charging, sometimes just driving front wheels no charging and this was running on ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) all the way. At the end when I reach destination city and got out of save mode and switched to pure EV, I had still 32 km pure EV range left. Driving in pure EV mode in destination City, I depleted all of the EV range and when I got back to freeway, I hit the charge button.
PHEV ran all the way back 50 km this way again on ACC. ICE was running all the time (whereas with save mode it would cut in & out many times), sometimes running alone just driving front wheels, sometimes charging drive battery at the same time, sometimes while ICE is driving front wheels drive battery running rear wheels. This way when I finished freeway driving my pure EV range increased from 0 to 16 kms and this was enough to get me back home on pure EV. I had only 1 km pure EV range when I got back home and PHEV was reporting my petrol consumption was 3.3 lt/100 km which is pretty good :D
I'll put this in a new thread to see what other owners also think/do in similar situations.

Cheers

Hi

I agree pretty much with your stated method of charging on highway to enable the urban part to complete in EV mode. I started a thread about just such a topic of you'd care to comment there.

Kind regards
Mark

OK, so my original question went a little off-topic. But I can confirm that following my test drive, the stereo in the GX4h is not Rockford Fosgate branded here in the UK, but it does sound surprisingly good when cranked up. Would certainly benefit from a little sub in the boot though!

Back