Rusty New Brake Discs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisoneisme

Hi,

I live in the UK and last Thursday [27 April] I had my local dealer fit new pads and discs to my rear wheels on my 2016 GX5h. The following day I noticed large amounts of rust on both new discs.

I queried this with the dealer and asked why the new discs were rusty compared with my seven year old front discs which are not.

The reply was that Mitsubishi are probably only concerned with the discs functionality and not their aesthetics. It may also have happened overnight [despite it being April and they have not even been in any rain] and also Mitsubishi may have changed the actual composition/coating of the discs.

I was also informed that the rust would wear off in time [obviously] to which I replied but what about the area of the discs not in contact with the pads.

Surely, it is reasonable to expect new discs to at least look new for longer than just the afternoon they were fitted.

I have attached photos of the discs for both rear wheels taken two dry days after being fitted and would be grateful for any comments as to whether anyone else has had a similar experience.

Many Thanks

20230429_145620.jpg20230429_145612.jpg

Back