Servicing Schedules

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beardo

Hi all,

New to the forum and also a new owner (for me) of a MY16 Outlander PHEV GX4H. I've always had either a petrol or diesel cars so new to the whole EV/Hybrid vehicles.

So my car has done a few miles (102k) and was wondering what needs to be done around the 100k mark. I've seen ads of other Outlander PHEVs having the gearbox and differential oil changed - is this a must and at what milage?

Also, do the timing chains need doing on these? Again, seen mixed information out there and I believe dealers say its something that does not need to be changed?

Anything else to look out for or change? And generally, how reliable are these engines/drivetrains?

Hi,

Looking at my local Mitsubishi website, I can see service schedules here:

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/owners/service/maintenance-schedule.html

There are a lot of PHEVs listed, but unfortunately not the 16MY.

Looking at the details for my model, there is a massive service at 95,000km (or six years).

In a nutshell, it is:

1. Check EVERYTHING (A, B, and C) checks.
2. Replace:
Transmission oil;
Spark plugs;
Rear transaxles oil;
Transmission/transaxle oil;
Front cooling system oil; and
3. Check valve clearances.

Personally I'd have the chain done or at least have it checked. Dealers will often say no need but they aren't going to be paying for a new engine in the event it fails, either the chain itself or some ancillary component like the tensioners. Sure they last longer than timing belts but they don't go on forever. Sounds like it isn't something the dealers are interested in doing or not set up to but there is a guy that advertises bits on ebay that does the timing chain work if you're in the UK, NW London area and ex-Mitsi trained IIRC. Offers battery pack rebuilds too as I recall.

Are these parts readily available? In particular the timing chain kit? I've also seen the ad on eBay but he's miles away from me. In terms of the transmission oils, are these dealer only?

Back