Source for touchup paint

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarBoy

After chamois my car, I found some bare metal on the tailgate. I can only surmise it was like it when I got it, this is the first time I've cleaned the tailgate with it open.

The car is a company car, I really can't be doing with leaving it with the dealer, a judgement, and being without it for 'X' days blah blah blah.

Is there an inexpensive source of touch-up paint? The colour is Pearlescent White, I'm in the UK.

jaapv said:
Your dealer will sell you touch-up paint kits in the exact colour.

Thanks you jaapv, nearest Mits dealer is a few towns away and when I visited to pick up a brochure they failed miserably with that so goodness knows how servicing will go. They mostly sell another brand with the Mits stuff to one side.

TheBunyip said:
And if you do not want to buy from a Dealer....

You could try here.http://www.chipex.co.uk

Thanks TheBunyip, a bit more quality than I hope to need but great value.

martini said:
Or try celtic-mitsubishi who sell original Mitsubishi touch up paint on a well known auction site @ £11 inc postage

Thank you martini - perfect and hopefully I won't need any more than this much!

I took my kids to an camp this weekend, situated in the middle of a bumpy field - was my first time offroad and there would have been no way my Focus would made made it without grounding ... on account of the bloke at the gate gave completely the wrong directions. Anyway on getting home checked for damage/grass stuck on the underside ... to find rust forming already on the front tie-down bars :roll: so I'll take care of that as well.

It came like this ... honest

Paint on boot lid 1 of 2

2qcpm6f.jpg

Paint on boot lid 2 of 2

2hdmh6b.jpg

Driver's tie down bar (Right hand drive)

331j0qu.jpg

Passenger side tie down bar

35015ld.jpg

Washed the car this morning and found a stone chip on the bonnet, I would mind so much but vehicle hasn't done a thousand miles yet & I don't recall anything hitting the vehicle......

Back