Sports Styling Kit

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrow

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I am about to order a new GX5HS but I am thinking about the 'Sports Styling Kit' which is an option when ordering. It looks like this adds the front and rear airdam and some side skirts too. I asked my local dealer and he was pretty useless so I thought I would try here... does anyone have experience of this kit or perhaps seen one? I am wondering if this reduces the ground clearance? It looks like it does (certainly on the sides) but I cannot see if this would mean that the quoted ground clearance of 190mm would be reduced or whether there is still something under the car which hangs lower anyway and dictates the ground clearance (the exhaust for example)?

Thank you!

darrow said:
Hello. I hope someone can help me. I am about to order a new GX5HS but I am thinking about the 'Sports Styling Kit' which is an option when ordering. It looks like this adds the front and rear airdam and some side skirts too. I asked my local dealer and he was pretty useless so I thought I would try here... does anyone have experience of this kit or perhaps seen one? I am wondering if this reduces the ground clearance? It looks like it does (certainly on the sides) but I cannot see if this would mean that the quoted ground clearance of 190mm would be reduced or whether there is still something under the car which hangs lower anyway and dictates the ground clearance (the exhaust for example)?

Thank you!

I have supplied a few of these and yes it does reduce the clearance and you have to be careful if descending kerbs for example. In my opinion the car looks better standard ;)

Back