sun visor attachments

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

with the recent sun spells I have found problems with the outlander sun visors being too small to be of much use, dealer said try 3rd party attchments as mitsubishi do not do any better ones. done a google notseen much.

any recommendations please other than ebay.

had to come of the road earlier today with migraine aura caused by glare, the shades as standard as just too small, also when both down large gap in centre of the windscreen.

I have the opposite problem. Mine are too large, when they are down they block too much of my forward view.

jkh112 said:
I have the opposite problem. Mine are too large, when they are down they block too much of my forward view.

Even if you push them past vertical towards the windscreen :?:

The large gap in the centre is not good. I am going to look into a window dressing for the inside of the glass. The wipers make it hard to attach any stick on film to the outside of the glass.

I have window tinting and this helps on the side windows. The dotty edge of the windscreen makes a stick on solution more difficult.

odered one of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PIXNOR-Durable-Anti-dazzle-Mirror-Shield/dp/B00OLC0BP2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=11QAN8PJV79WH0TA0HB5

not sure if any good or not

will post back got to waita week or so for delivery.

greendwarf said:
jkh112 said:

Yes. Even with them pushed forward towards the windscreen the bottom of the visor is lower than my eyes (and yes I have the seat fully lowered).
Just noticed your user name, maybe an indication as to why you don't find the sun visors large enough.

jkh112 said:
greendwarf said:
jkh112 said:

Yes. Even with them pushed forward towards the windscreen the bottom of the visor is lower than my eyes (and yes I have the seat fully lowered).
Just noticed your user name, maybe an indication as to why you don't find the sun visors large enough.

And "all dwarves are bastards" - Tyrion Lannister

Do I get a prize for being the first to get a GoT reference into the forum? :lol:

the pixnor visor arrived, had to send it back, the anti glare and clips were very good but the build quality was poor the lens had a horizontal flaw running the length of the lens distorting the vision, also had several small scratches, and poorly packaged, ordered a different make from amazon hoping 2nd atempt is better.

after returning the poor quality one from pixnor via amazon, I tried another at random from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LemonBest-Transparent-Glare-Extender-Driving/dp/B00P7T23UY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0EMXND902PV3N96R8CV9

this one arrived this morning the lens shield is first class, no flaws in the lens to cause blurred vision, no scratches. blocking glare and giving sharp vision the size is perfect for the outlander phev, has good strong clipping. [Also included a yellow lens shield for bright headlamps from oncomming traffic not used yet].

I was getting dreadful headaches and sore eyes from relections of the bright sun bouncing off cars in front, this has solved the problem, I still wear my wrap around eagle eyes sunglasses for extra protection, but this lens works where my sunglasses failed despited being tested at a couple of opticians that said they had max protection from glare

Back