Sunroof closing position

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucy

Hi all, we've had our Phev for just over a fortnight and have been very impressed so far. During this week the car was parked up for a couple of days, when I got back to open the car I opened the sunroof to try and let some of the heat out - initially it didn't open and then it opened with a pop (I assumed that the seals had expanded on to the paint work).

Looking at the sunroof tonight the back of it isn't level with the roof (unlike the front) when it's in the closed position, the back is below the level of the roof line by 2 or 3mm. Is this right or do I need to contact the dealer? I can't seem to find a picture of it online to confirm...

Any help much appreciated - can supply picture if it would help.

Andy

Mine is completely flat when closed. Sounds like an adjustment is needed. When open, check that the wind deflector moves easily.

When using the tilting function, on closing, the rear of the sun roof goes down a little and then moves up when the front has completely closed. Is this when yours stays down as you mention?

Just gone out and checked the roof action on mine. The rear does a little down then up movement on open/close and tilt close.

Does opening and then closing the roof (the sliding function) put it back to completely.

But it does sound like the final roof movement needs adjusting.

Jeff

Thanks for checking Jeff. I think you're right that the last rise is missing on ours - I think I can bodge it for now by stopping the tilt mechanism at the right point.

Will have to call Mitsubishi. I've also tried the reset in the manual but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

My sunroof starting doing bizarre things a few weeks ago like partially opening again when trying to close it. It then stopped working altogether.

I took it back to the dealer and they "re-learnt it's closing position" under warranty and it's back to normal now.

Cheers

Neil

spellinn said:
My sunroof starting doing bizarre things a few weeks ago like partially opening again when trying to close it. It then stopped working altogether.

I took it back to the dealer and they "re-learnt it's closing position" under warranty and it's back to normal now.

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil, I've stopped using it for the time being - garage will have a look in a couple of weeks. Hopefully our issue will require a similar remedy.

Back