Super all-wheel control display

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekT

I've recently purchased a used Phev, and I'm loving it (so far!)
I'm finding my way around the features. I have a question about the S-AWC display.
When it's selected on the multi-information display, there is never any information in it,
only the legend and display 'frames' but no bars as described in the manual.
The dealer says the bars only show when it's 'active'. I would have thought that it should be showing something at all times.
What's the experience of other owners?

Dealer is correct it only shows something when its called up to assist. If its lit up too often it would suggest your pushing the car.. if your not seeing anything on it then that's good! Means your driving sensibly.

Its pretty easy to get the middle bar (4 wheel drive) lit briefly just by accelerating firmly.

Of all the possible display options this one is, in my opinion, the most useless.

It only ever shows anything if you are braking, accelerating or cornering hard....all of which are precisely the times you should be looking at the road not at the dashboard display.

I see it whenever I cycle through the other display options, but very very rarely have I eve seen it display anything !!

I tried it out BobEngineer's 'test', and it behaved exactly as described. So now that I know the feature is working, I'll probably never look at that display again,
precisely for the reasons that geoffshep69 suggests!
Thanks both for your replies.

Back