Couple of questions about dashboard display...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulF

Hi all,
We've just bought a 2015 PHEV and are very pleased with it..... I've been through the manual a couple of times, but I have a couple of questions about the dashboard display (the multi information display it is called in the manual).

1. When I use the Speed Limiter it clearly shows the speed set (in a little red circle) - but when I engage Cruise Control there is no indication of the speed set. Is this normal? Or is there a setting somewhere to define this??
2. When a warning icon appears (I had the low tyre pressure one this week), and when the sat nav shows the 'next turn' on the the display screen, there is an icon next to the message of a little button to be pressed - I'm assuming this is saying you can press a button to dismiss the message? Which button does this? I've tried a few, but haven't worked out which one it is?? I can't see any picture of this 'button' icon in the manual.....

Thanks in advance.....

I think I may be able to help you with the second question...

On mine, there's a small set of buttons, immediately to the right of the steering wheel, these buttons are often obscured by the wheel.

One of the buttons has a logo like two overlapping rectangles. This is the 'page' button, that allows you to change the functions of the centre part of the instrument panel. If there is a message (associated with the exclamation icon) you can page to that message.

If there is a warning on screen and you press that button, it immediately takes you back to the previous mode.

Mitsubishi call that button the 'Multi Information Display Switch'

Section 6 - 5 (Section six page five in the user manual)

Otherwise, operating that 'switch' steps the middle part of the screen between functions as follows:

When the vehicle is turned off:

1. Trip meter A
2. Trip meter B
3. Your eco status (the leaf indicator)
4. Charging time (prediction)
5. Odometer and time to next service
6. The warning screen

When the vehicle is turned on:
1. Trip meter A
2. Trip meter B
3. Battery and Fuel distances
4. Average fuel consumption and percentage of driving on EV
5. Energy flow display
6. Eco status
7. All Wheel Control display
8. Odometer and time to next service
9. Function setting screen
10. The warning screen

For the cruise speed, does it display a value if you flick the up/down buttons on the steering wheel?

Mine displays --- IIRC or perhaps nothing, can't recall, until I do that, not used it that much as I'm not a fan of the car slowing and speeding up where I wouldn't have. That's on a 2019 4HS with adaptive cruise so I can't say on the older model or non-adaptive, probably similar.

DaveL59 said:
For the cruise speed, does it display a value if you flick the up/down buttons on the steering wheel?

No it doesn't display the set cruise speed anywhere, but you can check the speedo, once it stabilises.

Thanks all!
I thought I'd tried the multi function display button, but maybe I didn't. As you mention, it's in a really awkward place to see when driving, so probably need to learn to find that button by 'touch'.

Seems weird that they display the speed on the limiter but not cruise control.... I can use the Speedo, I just prefer numbers for accuracy (I mainly use cruise control for keeping to speed limits, which I guess is what they intend the limiter to be used for).

Great to have people here to talk through things, much appreciated.

Just for confirmation if anyone else is looking at this thread - you can use the multi-function display button to clear warning messages, but it needs a 'long press' (1-2 seconds I think) for it to work.

Note...

If you have the MMCS computer in the middle of the dash, you can display your GPS speed, digitally, on one of the 'Trip' screens.

I also like the way the map displays the current speed limit (warning does not update for things like road works or temporary speed restrictions) and gives the functions of the lanes at the next traffic lights as you approach them.

Back