Tailgate rattle

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ufo said:
Now I am sure that squeaky sound is coming from my tail gate but have no idea how to stop it, any ideas?

I found the rubber seal was squeeking on mine a bit so i wound out the rubber stoppers a bit to hold the tailgate more firmly and i rubbed some petroleum jelly ( Vaseline ) on the rubber seal. and no more squeeks

PHEVHappy said:
ufo said:
Now I am sure that squeaky sound is coming from my tail gate but have no idea how to stop it, any ideas?

I found the rubber seal was squeeking on mine a bit so i wound out the rubber stoppers a bit to hold the tailgate more firmly and i rubbed some petroleum jelly ( Vaseline ) on the rubber seal. and no more squeeks

Thanks, I'll try that.

All told i am reasonably happy and if i tried i may be able to squeeze a trip to london and back (400 miles) on a full tank !!!! or am i kidding myself??[/quote]

Heathrow to Skelmersdale - 202 miles...started with almost full battery and full petrol tank. Spanked it up the M40, crawled round the M42, behaved on the M6 toll, roadworks on the M6..

On arrival, no battery, and fumes in the tank. Think I had maybe 40 miles left - certainly would never drive an ICE car without filling it up at that level.

On the plus side - free charging at the hotel I was staying at. Too many bad reports of ChargeMaster blowing up the electrics to be brave enough to use this at Stafford services...

Back