Takeoff routine

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyInOz said:
So my start routine is:

1. Get in
2. Seatbelt on
3. Press brake
4. Press power button
5. Select D (or R)
6. Release handbrake
7. Drive away.

Having spent 45 minutes standing on the tarmac while a mate pre-flighted his Cesna, I can say that the comparison to starting an aeroplane is ludicrous.

Unless of course you are from the:

"Kick-the-tyres light-the-fires last one in the air 's a sook" school of flying...

:)
Using Cessnas mainly as a transport in the African bush for a few weeks each year I can assure you that it won't take 45 minutes to get going ;)
The Cessna takeoff checklist has twelve items. Obviously the pre-flight one far more.

martini said:
Re point 6 from Solar Boy - Pedestrian Warning sounder.

Read in paper yesterday that as from next month EU Reulation No 540/2014 will come into effect. It requires electric and hybrid cars to make more noise, so they sound similar to those with ICE. Assume it will then become a legal requirement unless of course BREXIT means this will not be enacted!

Knew something was coming but didn't realise it was this soon (possibly).

When I was a youth, my main consideration was making my car louder. Who would have thought?

Regulo said:
My takeoff routine:

Shoes
Shirt
Trousers
Socks
Underpants

:twisted:

A Gentleman always removes his socks. For a better image, remove socks at point 2. Never last, of course, spoils the effect.

Pancake said:
greendwarf said:
SolarBoy said:
7 - It doesn't make a noise when the vehicle is stationary so for those standing in front of the car it is a bit pointless

Mine does :?

Try not pressing the horn when stationary

LOL.

Been tempted to do that, it needs two Horns, the standard fog horn on the steering wheel, and a button that does a quieter horn for peds.

ChrisMiller said:
A double downward tap on the 'gear' selector joystick will put you into B5 (a single downward movement gives B3).

There is a minimum time between taps of the gear selector which does not happen on the paddles, you can therefore get to B5 faster using the paddles than the gear selector. it's just yet another state, like eco, save, etc that it really should be remembering for you.

Back