The grandfather of the our cars

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trades46

Just another day going through the stuff from my PC when I found this picture I have snapped back at the 2011 Canadian International Autoshow.
T4jIJbql.jpg

Now this was much before I knew of the PHEV or even had the concept of a plug-in hybrid - remember this was the same year Chevrolet unveiled the then new & revolutionary Volt which shared a similar powertrain design. The Leaf 24 kWh had just started serial production & Tesla was still, much like today, more about hype than actual production.

Curiously I looked back on this concept vehicle 7 years ago and tried to find the specifications. From: https://www.netcarshow.com/mitsubishi/2009-px-miev_concept/

Mitsubishi PX-MiEV Concept specifications

Overall length: 4510 mm
Overall width: 1830 mm
Overall height: 1655 mm
Wheelbase: 2630 mm
Track F/R: 1570 mm / 1570 mm
Occupants: 4
Motors (front and rear): Permanent magnet synchronous
Max. output: 60 kW (front and rear)
Max. torque: 200 Nm (front and rear)
10-15 mode EV cruising range: >50km
Engine: 1.6L DOHC MIVEC (gasoline)
Max. output: 85 kW
Max. torque: 125 Nm
Generating capacity: 70 kW
10-15 mode fuel consumption: >50 km/L
Drive train: E-4WD
Tire size: 245/45R20

While there are some changes (the engine, extra seat, generators specs etc.) Those numbers look quite a bit similar to our current vehicles isn't it? Even its exterior styling is reminiscent of the 2013~15 Outlander. It is pretty amazing Mitsubishi managed to conceptualize this power-train & pretty much transfer it directly to production in a few short years after.

Back