The Hot Seat!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharky

Just a small gripe about the PHEV heated seats............... they are great, they warm up fairly quick and having had them on my last 3 cars, I would be disappointed if I did not have them. However all the cars I have had previously had heating switches that reset them self's when you turn the ignition off, so you would have to switch them on again when starting up. The PHEV ones have a rocker switch that once selected stays on in either low or high heat setting. But because they are set back on the centre console under the centre arm rest I don't notice they have been left on. For two days of motoring the empty passenger seat has been nice and warm without me noticing. If they wanted to use this type of switch they should have put it in a more prominent position. Has anyone done the same or am I the only fool.

That's got me thinking.... Had 2 Shoguns over 11 years, I think the heated seat switch was the same. Some warm mornings, you thought my bums getting a bit hot.

Haven't had the seats on yet in our phev. Hasn't been cold enough yet in Yorkshire.

Not used them yet but have thought exactly the same all previous ones I have had time out or reset.

Alan

Agree with all your points. They do seem a bit of an afterthought, and not the highest quality either, not up to the standard of the other switchgear in the car.

Do they actually work when the seat is unoccupied though? On other cars I've had, the seats had some sort of occupancy sensor and didn't come on until someone sat in them. I know this because on cold mornings I tried turning them on early whilst the car was running and warming up for me, but they wouldn't warm up until I got in.

maddogsetc said:
Agree with all your points. They do seem a bit of an afterthought, and not the highest quality either, not up to the standard of the other switchgear in the car.

Do they actually work when the seat is unoccupied though? On other cars I've had, the seats had some sort of occupancy sensor and didn't come on until someone sat in them. I know this because on cold mornings I tried turning them on early whilst the car was running and warming up for me, but they wouldn't warm up until I got in.

Never thought of that, will give it a go. It just seems daft to me that some here are trying their best to eek as much out of the battery they can and something like this can seem to be a waste of effort if you forget about it. It's like the doors not auto locking when the vehicle is in motion, not the end of the world! just annoying, but also a security risk.

I agree and TBH it puzzles me that Mitsubishi are behind the curve on so many of the little things like this. It's the first Japanese car I've ever owned and I was expecting everything to just work really well.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, or maybe Mitsi are behind the other Japanese makers, but I could list probably a dozen little niggles like that (aside from the things that don't actually do what they are supposed to do).

Don't get me wrong, I don't regret buying the car because fundamentally it does everything that I bought it to do. But I'm finding it harder to love than I expected.

maddogsetc said:
Maybe it's a cultural thing, or maybe Mitsi are behind the other Japanese makers, but I could list probably a dozen little niggles like that (aside from the things that don't actually do what they are supposed .
I think every car has a dozen or so niggles. Don't think any manufacturer has made the perfect car yet. I've certainly always had a short "I would change this" list on every car I've owned.

Ok, as promissed I have checked wether the seat will heat up when no one is sat in it and I can confirm it does heat up with no one sat in it. Bugger!!

Sharky said:
Ok, as promissed I have checked wether the seat will heat up when no one is sat in it and I can confirm it does heat up with no one sat in it. Bugger!!

That's strange. I'll have to check mine. On my last car (Outlander diesel) the seat didn't heat up until someone sat in it.

Yup, fully agree re heated seats, accidentally activate switch or forget to turn it off and it just religiously pumps out heat whenever one is in the vehicle and yes, one's bum can get v warm! AND, also agree, my list of little niggles is increasing by the week so although I'm still proud of my GX4h I'm finding it harder to completely love all the time - have you found the awful analogue clock yet? Almost impossible to read!
However, I keep having to remind myself of the PHEV's really good points over pure 'infernal' combustion engine vehs - like sat quietly at traffic lights burning no hydrocarbons etc. Smiles

Sharky said:
maddogsetc said:

Never thought of that, will give it a go. It just seems daft to me that some here are trying their best to eek as much out of the battery they can and something like this can seem to be a waste of effort if you forget about it. It's like the doors not auto locking when the vehicle is in motion, not the end of the world! just annoying, but also a security risk.

I don't really miss that, I've only ever had one car with autolocking doors and that was an aftermarket alarm system.

Back