TIP, TRICKS and MODIFICATIONS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you encounter problems with connecting remote control app via Wi-Fi with Samsung - switch off "energy saving" mode in your phone settings. This works for me.

Normal Cruise Control. If you hold the Adaptive Cruise Control button down for a few seconds until it a beep is heard the selected mode is normal cruise control. If Adaptive Cruise Control is selected as the driving mode you have to switch cruise off completely and do the holding down thing to get normal cruise control.

Hi!

I am a new Outlander PHEV 2016 owner and I found i nice tips here:
"1. Press the LDW button for 10 seconds to swap to LDW 2 mode - this means it is off normally - until you switch it back on for motorways etc."
but for some reason I cant get this to work."

Do have to make this in some special "mode" to make it apply?

Thanks
Michael

Micke said:
Hi!

"1. Press the LDW button for 10 seconds to swap to LDW 2 mode - this means it is off normally - until you switch it back on for motorways etc."

Thanks
Michael
I think this is not supported in all countries.

anko said:
Micke said:
Hi!

Thanks
Michael

I actually got it to work yesterday, if I hold the button when LDW was off it changed mode when I relesed the button :)

Micke said:
anko said:
Micke said:
Hi!

Thanks
Michael

I actually got it to work yesterday, if I hold the button when LDW was off it changed mode when I relesed the button :)

I've tried umpteen variations of pressing and holding the button and nothing has worked.

[/quote]

I've tried umpteen variations of pressing and holding the button and nothing has worked.[/quote][/quote]

I started the car and LDW was on as usual, I turned it off and released the button, now I pressed it again and held it for about 15 sec, when I released it this time it turned to LDW 2 and it LDW 2 since then:)

We had lots of problems trying to connect our Android (N6p, SG6e, N4 & a Motorola). The dealer got stuck and went to fetch a tech from the garage. He got my N6p to pair by changing the car settings to fixed pairing code 1234.

On returning home, we found this didn't work with Mrs M's N4 so we tried the fixed code 0000. This worked for all our other devices!

When trying to connect the Nexus 6p to the App/wifi, I found that I had to let the app do the connection to the car. If I tried to connect to the car wifi in the "Normal" way from the phones wifi settings, it didn't work.

1. If you for some reason would like to look behind you using the back camera while driving forward, press Settings + Map simultaniously for some seconds to go to hidden meny. In there choose camera settings and the camera will turn on and stay on.

2. Where I live there's alot of wild animals (moose and stuff). When driving in the dark I switch to B5 to shorten the braking distance,

I hesitate to mention these because they are ludicrously simple, but just in case others haven't thought of them.

1. Groceries - I've added a bungee cord (elastic cord with hooks at each end) in the boot, strung between two of the child seat anchor points on the back seats. When putting groceries in the boot, I unhook one end, and thread the handles through the cord. This serves two purposes, it keeps the bags upright so groceries don't fall out, and keeps the bags from sliding around in the boot. :)

2. Parking - After driving forward into a parking space, you can check your parking position by briefly popping the car into reverse. This turns on the camera, and you should be able to see the lines projecting behind your car. By some amazing fluke (or very clever design) if the lines drawn on the reversing camera screen line up with the lines in the car park, you're in straight! You can also use the horizontal lines to judge how far forward you are in the parking bay. (i.e. you don't want to leave your nose or butt hanging out)

AndyInOz said:
2. Parking - After driving forward into a parking space, you can check your parking position by briefly popping the car into reverse. This turns on the camera, and you should be able to see the lines projecting behind your car. By some amazing fluke (or very clever design) if the lines drawn on the reversing camera screen line up with the lines in the car park, you're in straight! You can also use the horizontal lines to judge how far forward you are in the parking bay. (i.e. you don't want to leave your nose or butt hanging out)
On the facelifted model, this can be achieved by pressing the top lefthand button on the steering wheel (unlabelled, but with an icon that I guess is meant to represent the MMCS screen). It turns the camera view on and toggles between the different views.

To stop the airconditioning compressor coming on when you have "auto" turned on in the heating system, press the air conditioning button (the snowflake) for 10 seconds. When you hear three rapid beeps, then the auto button is disconnected from the a/c button.

You can now leave the heating system on "auto", but you choose when you want to turn on the a/c (with a quick press of the snowflake)

The change of mode remains between journeys, so if you want to go back to the old system, you need to press the air conditioning switch for 10 seconds again.

Hopefully this should save some battery range when the weather is warmer...

(For pre-2016 models at least, not sure about the new one) if you have a charge timer enabled, then if you turn on pre-heating outside of charge hours, it will visibly drain the main battery, even if the car is connected to the charger. You need to disable the timer and then turn the pre-heating on to keep the battery fully charged. As with many things, Mitsubishi could have been cleverer here by giving user a choice to ignore charge timer settings if pre-heating is turned on. When the car is turned on it starts charging regardless of the timer setting, so why different behaviour for pre-heating - I don't know.

Don't try this at home. My friend made this blunder on his MY16 and has only just recovered from his embarrassment. :oops:
In order to reach the charge socket from a handy supply he passed the charger cable (the one supplied with the car) over the roof of the car. So far so reasonable. Next he opened the tailgate - mmmm some can see this coming, but he didn't. Finally he compounded his mistake by closing the tailgate. Doh!

Yup you guessed it; the cable was swallowed into the gap between roof and tailgate and thoroughly jammed there. :roll:
Several minutes of careful but difficult manipulation eventually released the cable without damage. The cable fits in this gap as if designed to be permanently fixed there. I guess it's an easy mistake to make.

outofyorkshire said:
Holding the right paddle for 2 secs, resets the drive mode back to D..ie B2 :D

You can re-select D on the gearstick, too, if you prefer to use that to select regenerative braking.

Is there a trick i'm missing to get over this little annoyance ???

I often drive with the ev info on the screen, so far so good... however whenever i start the car up for the next journey it always starts back up in the map mode. If the radio screen is the last screen on then the radio is there at startup so why does the ev screen revert back to map mode. i know its only a couple of button presses to get back the ev screen but its one of those little things which annoys me!!

PHEVHappy said:

I often drive with the ev info on the screen, so far so good... however whenever i start the car up for the next journey it always starts back up in the map mode. If the radio screen is the last screen on then the radio is there at startup so why does the ev screen revert back to map mode. i know its only a couple of button presses to get back the ev screen but its one of those little things which annoys me!!

It is a pain, isn't it? I would like most of the selectable functions to be sticky - but we don't seem to have the option....

PHEVHappy said:

I use a less-than-perfect workaround: the PsideP option - although it only provides a limited amount of information.

[In case you haven't come across it. In the map display, hold the North button which then splits the display in 2. Half nearest driver displays the map, half furthest away gives options to choose one of a range of other displays (audio, EV, etc). It stays on even after restarting. Not perfect, but saves setting everything up again.]

TRT

Back