TOMTOM UK EV Charge Points POI

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g0rsq

Hi

New on here, been lurking for a while, but just taken delivery of a new GX3h+ (Leather :mrgreen: ).

Been looking for some POI for my TOMTOM Go 400, but couldn't find any anywhere.

So used "open charge" information via their API interface, and created my own .OV2 file, which is working in my TOMTOM.

Tried to filter out the public free, public membership, public by appointment and public pay, but can not guarantee accuracy of accessibility to the charge points.

If anyone else would like to try this and test it out, then PM me and I will e-mail a copy. If there is enough interest I will upload it somewhere.

Unfortunately new TOMTOM's are a bit rubbish, so cant give any useful data other than site name, coordinates and a phone number. Cant even give a nice picture to distinguish between chargers!

Sorry only UK, but if any interest will look at doing same for another country.

Peter

What is wrong with loading one of the chargepoint apps into your phone? Most will even indicate whether a point is free.

Perhaps he's as Luddite Gx3h user, like me, who doesn't have a smart 'phone because we only need a mobile telephone not a poor excuse for a PC when out of the house/office. :lol:

I did something similar but only for the Ecotricity rapid charger network, I wasn't bothered about the other types points as I won't ever be able to use one for 3+ hours for 15 miles worth of juice.

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1917

A Tomtom is still vastly more useful than the MMCS one with better mapping and live traffic, and I have to use one when working as mine is used by my employer to track me (yes, scary!).

Wouldn't want yet another device on the dash of a phone running an app.

Umm....My MMCS has live traffic as well... When one is sitting in a traffic jam by ignoring the MMCS warnings and requests for a detour there is a nice red line to watch.

I only have a company blackberry :lol:

No interest in a "smart Phone"..whatever one of those might be!

Use my TOMTOM all the time for getting around.

Peter

Back