TPMS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is normal procedure to mark the tyres and replace them on the same spot when swopping winter and summer tyres. Where did you read that Mitsubishi recommends swopping them around?
The last time I saw that recommendation was at least a decade ago, if not longer.

jaapv said:
It is normal procedure to mark the tyres and replace them on the same spot when swopping winter and summer tyres. Where did you read that Mitsubishi recommends swopping them around?
The last time I saw that recommendation was at least a decade ago, if not longer.

Section 11-11 of the manual recommends tyre rotation if there is uneven wear - no mention of causing sensor issues or adjustment, which was the point of the original post. :)

greendwarf said:
BTW as I reported elsewhere the car performed brilliantly at half term on winter tyres near Grenoble when the locals were sliding all over the place - apparently the French don't think it will snow in Winter in the Alps :lol:

We froggies, are sometime too self-confidents, and you rosbeefs, are often too cowards :lol:

I was in Savoy in december as usual, on saturday there was a lot of snow on the road, I had no winter tyres, and it was just perfect. Just had to drive slowly and carefuly on downhill (as usual on the snow ;) ).

We own a 4 weel drive SUV with all-seasons tyres, man, !

greendwarf said:
jaapv said:

Section 11-11 of the manual recommends tyre rotation if there is uneven wear - no mention of causing sensor issues or adjustment, which was the point of the original post. :)
I would rather recommend having the car properly aligned in that case. :roll:

Grigou said:
greendwarf said:
BTW as I reported elsewhere the car performed brilliantly at half term on winter tyres near Grenoble when the locals were sliding all over the place - apparently the French don't think it will snow in Winter in the Alps :lol:

We froggies, are sometime too self-confidents, and you rosbeefs, are often too cowards :lol:

I was in Savoy in december as usual, on saturday there was a lot of snow on the road, I had no winter tyres, and it was just perfect. Just had to drive slowly and carefuly on downhill (as usual on the snow ;) ).

We own a 4 weel drive SUV with all-seasons tyres, man, !

You're probably right about the 4WD as it was the 2WD cars without chains who were in real trouble on the uphill compacted ice. Seems the toll company accept some blame for not gritting as I have received an automatic refund for the toll charge for that section. :)

jaapv said:
greendwarf said:
jaapv said:

I would rather recommend having the car properly aligned in that case. :roll:

I agree have never "rotated" in 50 years of motoring - would rather replace them one at a time than pay for 4 all at once :eek: - but to be fair there is often a front/rear difference in wear due to scrubbing when cornering etc. (although less with 4WD)

Just a quick question following on from above.

If a tyre fitter simply replaces all 4 tyres I'm assuming there's no need to disturb the sensor(s), does that means it just needs the TPMS resetting via the touch screen?

puckernutter said:
TPMS? My car was built in january 2014. It doesn't have TPMS! Where would it be found in MMCS if available?
Mine was built in 2014 and came with TPMS.

If you fit new tyres and pump them up to the correct pressure, you shouldn't need to touch the settings.

Back