trouble selecting drive

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duetto

a few odd times started motor put it in D and its gone to N, had thought it was just me. then thursday after a long drive had to stop at a ferry check point had to have five attempts to get it to D kept staying it P. It has not happened again but wondered if any others had this. the security man said a few electric cars have had trouble re starting.

[at the time battery was empty, fuel tank three quarters full]

Not quite the same but . . .
I parked and left car on with wife and daughter inside (air conditioning running on 35 degree Celsius day) with P engaged.
Came back with ice creams which we ate in car.
Total time with car running in P = about 25 minutes.
Time to leave but car would not change into D or R or even N, no matter how many times I tried.
Eventually turned car off then on again and it behaved normally after that.
Hasn't happened since.
Would be interested if others have experienced this.

I too have found myself in a state of frustration because I couldn’t select drive.

Turns out, it’s easy to press the brake for the start button, and find your foot magically somewhere else when it comes to selecting drive. :oops:

could be the answer, will keep my foot on the brake till its in D. I am sure once engine fires I take my foot off the brske and all has been ok, will play around tomorrow with that point.

Back