UK Warranty Query - date it changed from 3 yr to 5 yr

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saladdodger

Hi All,

I am currently looking at a 15 plate Outlander PHEV.

I note from the the Mitsibuishi site it states cars registered after July have a five year warranty: http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/owners/warranty.aspx

However it says "For vehicles registered prior to this date, please speak to your local dealer for details.". Does anyone know what the situation is with 15-plate cars registered between April 2015 and June 2015? Do these cars have a 3-year warranty rather than a 5 year? One car I am looking at was registered in May 2015 but doesn't state anything about the warranty.

Thanks,
SD

jaapv said:
Well, I would do just that, speak to the dealer for details. The only way to find out for sure.

Thanks Jaapv. I could do that, but one of the cars I am looking at isn't even with a Mitsi dealer - and I just wanted to know if there was a quick way to discount it as a 3 yr warranty rather than a 5 year warranty (and for any other PHEVs I come across when searching when it doesn't say in the listing).

Would you recommendation only to consider cars registered after July 2015 (for a 5 year warranty) unless the description states otherwise?

Thanks,
SD

I would not buy the car from a non-dealer, that is for sure. As for the warranty, I cannot say. I might bargain for a two-year guaranty extension.

Look in the front of your service book. Mine is March '15, and has a sticker that's been put over the top of the inside of the cover that shows it's a 5 year warranty. Mitsubishi changed it, but had loads of books already printed. They simply placed a sticker over the 3 year warranty information to reflect the increase to 5 years. I would imagine all '15 plate onwards will have the 5 year warranty, but the service book is where you can check!

Just to confirm that my March 2015 registered GX4h also has the notification update card stuck to the inside of the front cover of the service book, stating that the first 24 months with unlimited mileage and the remaining 36 months with a limitation of 100,000Kms (62,500 Miles).

Back