Unable to charge

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daigriff

Hi

Just taken delivery of My GX4H, so put it on charge via my power point in the garage. After 6 hours no charge shown on battery. Checked all connections, red charge light is shown on dash and green power light on charger. However the green charging light next to the image of the car on the charger is flashing on and off...is this correct? If not, any suggestions?

BTW I have tried two other sockets with the same results.

Faulty lead?

Many thanks...apologies if stupid question.

Dai

I am sure an owner will pop along soon with more info, but from what I have read the thing to check is if you have any timers set.

Hopefully that will be the problem.

I am still undecided whether to buy or not :(

Assuming this is the 13amp plug charge cable. You should get two solid green lights when the car is charging. Mine flashes when the car is charged.

Dai, not much help, but the charger is waiting for a signal from the car that it needs a charge. Why that isn't happening, I can't imagine. As said, make sure a timed charge isn't set, as that prevents a manual charge taking place.

TerryB, go on you know you want to!

Thanks for replies.

Yes, 13 amp plug. I thought there should be two solid green lights. My charging one flashes.

I presume the timer charge is set through one of the menu screens? I'll check it out. Cant say Ive set anything though.

Thanks
Dai

I think it's sorted...thanks everyone it was the self timer :eek: :eek:

I remember now when the salesman was showing me around the menus and settings when I was collecting the car he told me that you can set charging times and he set one day for 1am to 6 am, but didnt cancel it. I've just cancelled it and plugged in and hey presto two green lights and no flashing...I am so relieved its been driving me crazy all day.

Must also admit that I did ring the salesman but he didn't have an answer so once again a big thank you.

Dai

Just been out after about 45 minutes and battery is showing 4 miles :D

Regulo said:
TerryB, go on you know you want to!

I think I am doing a little to many miles to get one, around 25k/pa

Hopefully I will be spending a few days a week in the office in the new year, only 32 mile round trip and I can charge it at work. If that happens then it will be a swing towards getting one.

Terry,

I'm seeing 40 to 45 mpg, over longer distances even when running on petrol. That's not bad for a car of this size. Don't know if that's a factor.

Regulo said:
Terry,

I'm seeing 40 to 45 mpg, over longer distances even when running on petrol. That's not bad for a car of this size. Don't know if that's a factor.

Just been reading a report on the BBC News web site that the EU is going to force us to crack down harder on diesel cars - it will get increasingly difficult and expensive to buy large 4WD diesels, thus making the 40mpg of an Outlander PHEV even more attractive.

Back