WARNING BEEPS and BONGS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilbo59

I find the constant warning beeps very irritating and would like to disable them.

Anyone know the location of the beeper in the dashboard or how to disable it without physically removing the connection?

Bilbo59 said:
I find the constant warning beeps very irritating and would like to disable them.

Anyone know the location of the beeper in the dashboard or how to disable it without physically removing the connection?
I've only been able to de-activate the beeps as you scroll through the menu (go to settings and the speaker icon on/off). All other beeps and bongs need a speaker unplugging from what I've read.
there's a mini speaker in the boot (there's a whole thread on how to access that one) and one underbody near the exhaust for the door left open / walking off with key left inside.

As for dashboard bongs (eg seatbelt) I've not found it and like you am reluctant to pull the plug on speakers (eg the boot) as one day they will save an accident.

Not much help but at least if you hadn't spotted the dash menu beeps, thats at least one albeit the least offensive

I was under the impression that the interior warning sounds were routed through the stereo speakers - which you will not want to disconnect.

aitchjaybee said:
Bilbo59 said:

I've only been able to de-activate the beeps as you scroll through the menu (go to settings and the speaker icon on/off). All other beeps and bongs need a speaker unplugging from what I've read.
there's a mini speaker in the boot (there's a whole thread on how to access that one) and one underbody near the exhaust for the door left open / walking off with key left inside.

As for dashboard bongs (eg seatbelt) I've not found it and like you am reluctant to pull the plug on speakers (eg the boot) as one day they will save an accident.

Not much help but at least if you hadn't spotted the dash menu beeps, thats at least one albeit the least offensive

Thanks for the info. I have now disabled the tailgate beeper and deactivated everything I can. The door left open and key inside warning I consider useful so will leave these alone.

Back