What is the little white push-button symbol on startup?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is probably the icon that indicates that there is another screen of information to be displayed. If the main information screen is being hidden by a warning or alert screen, then this icon lights up and you can toggle to the other screen by pressing and holding the display selection button.

I haven't looked in the unsearchable paper manual just yet, but when I saw it myself I assumed it was a central locking reminder - it also seemed to come up after I unlocked the doors from the button on the inside of the drivers door.

PeterGalbavy said:
I haven't looked in the unsearchable paper manual just yet, but when I saw it myself I assumed it was a central locking reminder - it also seemed to come up after I unlocked the doors from the button on the inside of the drivers door.

If it's the icon I'm thinking of, then it is not anything so specific - it's just saying "I've got more to tell you than I can fit on this screen - press the button"

It's the indication that a fault/warning is being displayed on the small display between the big dials. Press the "display change" button to clear it to a small warning triangle, and return the display you had previously. If the button is an outline a short press will do, if it's blocked in hold the "display change" button for about 3 seconds.

Back