Will PHEV meet the London ULEZ exemption ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishPilot

Will the Outlander PHEV meet the ULEZ exemption without the pure EV mode?

It should become effective 2020, but I found no mention of PHEV or EV in the news.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone?cid=ultra-low-emission-zone#on-this-page-0

Just curious.

It most likely will, as the official EU testcycle gives less than 50 g CO/KM as outcome.
As they appear only to read the number plate and check it against the car type, that should suffice.

The requirement does not explicitly reference CO2 emissions - it is totally based on compliance with the Euro Category standards. According to the TfL web site, all petrol driven cars and small vans manufactured since 1 January 2006 will meet the ULEZ standards.

P.S. I see that all "Historic vehicles" are exempt - there may be a boom in sales of 40 year old wrecks!

maby said:
The requirement does not explicitly reference CO2 emissions - it is totally based on compliance with the Euro Category standards.
Which are based on the official EU emission figures which are based on...? :mrgreen:

jaapv said:
maby said:
The requirement does not explicitly reference CO2 emissions - it is totally based on compliance with the Euro Category standards.
Which are based on the official EU emission figures which are based on...? :mrgreen:

But read the rest of my post - the TfL web site says that all petrol cars manufactured since 2006 will meet the ULEZ requirements - and many of them will emit far more than 50g/km.

YES.

Got my paperwork through from TFL last week. You can complete the PDF's and mail them off. Costs £10 to apply.

tlongdon said:
YES.

Got my paperwork through from TFL last week. You can complete the PDF's and mail them off. Costs £10 to apply.

Ah, but that is the Congestion Charge 100% discount - the ULEZ does not come into force for several years yet.

tlongdon said:
YES.

Don't you have to stump up £10 a year to keep it up? another TFL ripoff, surely once its 'registered' its not going to change its details and should be registered forever just once.

BobEngineer said:
tlongdon said:
YES.

Don't you have to stump up £10 a year to keep it up? another TFL ripoff, surely once its 'registered' its not going to change its details and should be registered forever just once.

interestingly, the gas guzzling turbo-diesel 12 seat Landrover that I drove in London until a few years ago was, and still is, unconditionally exempt at no annual charge!

BobEngineer said:
tlongdon said:
YES.

Yes but it is possible to transfer Reg no. to another car :eek:

Yes, because they are incapable (read: it wasn't in the original commercials) of looking up the vehicle in the DVLA database which even Westminster can do for free parking. You have to submit a copy, on paper, of your V5C. Morons.

Back