(yet another) Electric Heater Qts.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBob

I am taking delivery of my Phev in just a few weeks, and can't wait:)

Looking at the electric heater and the app to control it with, I understand I can set a timer to start up the electric heater when the car is plugged in at night. However, will the heater also be turned on using the app, even if the car is not plugged? I hope I can convince my boss to let me charge at work, but if I can't then I'd still like to get into a warm car at the end of a long day at work... I live in Greenland, so this is pretty important to me.

And, the front wiper deicer, can I turn that on using the app as well?

KillerBob said:
I am taking delivery of my Phev in just a few weeks, and can't wait:)

Looking at the electric heater and the app to control it with, I understand I can set a timer to start up the electric heater when the car is plugged in at night. However, will the heater also be turned on using the app, even if the car is not plugged? I hope I can convince my boss to let me charge at work, but if I can't then I'd still like to get into a warm car at the end of a long day at work... I live in Greenland, so this is pretty important to me.

And, the front wiper deicer, can I turn that on using the app as well?
The electric heater can be remotely turned on when no mains is connected.
We don't have the electric front wiper deicer in the UK so can't comment.
Kind regards,
Mark

Confirm. Even when you arrive at your destination with a 'depleted' battery, you can still use the heater (for a while), as the car will allow the battery to go be depleted a little bit 'deeper'.

I can confirm that the electric heater and the wiper de-icer will operate without the mains cable, I use it every day in the office before the 10 min drive home :D

KillerBob said:
Thanks for your confirmations :D

About the deicer, can I trigger that using the app?

There is a deicer function on the app - it cannot be invoked at the same time as the heater. On a UK model which only has electric deicing on the rear screen, the deicing via the app is done with the hot air windscreen deicing - I don't know what it would do on a vehicle with embedded heating in the windscreen

the deicer / embedded heater in the windshield is wired to the rear and mirror heater, as long as they are on the windshield heater will go on as well.

Back